Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/)
-   -   production headlights. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/production-headlights-2515/)

1 Bad Mirada 02-07-2008 08:32 AM

production headlights.

so, i found it interesting that dodge went away from the inner lenses being headlights, and theyre just parking lights/turn signals now...i like alot of light out in front of me, and i wonder if this single lens headlight setup might cause some shadows...although, they did preserve part of the six shooter layout, if you look closely..

Paladin06 02-07-2008 08:51 AM

RE: production headlights.

They are HID lamps which are much brighter then standard lamps. Besides there are aftermaket bulbs that vary in brightness from reasonable to outrageous. With Super White to Euro-Blue.

1 Bad Mirada 02-07-2008 09:31 AM

i understand that, but i would think that there is still a better chance of better visibility with four across the front, rather than two, and two huge parking lights...i guesss what im trying to say is that the parking lights seem a bit excessive, especially in place of what i consider to be more important..

Paladin06 02-07-2008 11:42 AM

Point taken..

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i understand that, but i would think that there is still a better chance of better visibility with four across the front, rather than two, and two huge parking lights...i guesss what im trying to say is that the parking lights seem a bit excessive, especially in place of what i consider to be more important..

1 Bad Mirada 02-07-2008 11:47 AM

where would you think that the highbeams are? does the projection center of the HID just get brighter?

Paladin06 02-07-2008 11:58 AM

I believe it is a single bulb configuration, like many imports.

tupperware 02-07-2008 01:56 PM

I would guess that the hi beam is just a bigger opening for the HID setup (the Acura TL uses this setup..when you turn on the hi beams, you can actually hear the mechanicals working...) if this is the case, its great because then you have a true bi-hid setup with hid high beams too... personally, I prefer the parking lights, takes me back to the good old days of cruising on summer evenings with parking lights on...

Jeremiah 29:11 02-07-2008 04:46 PM

I hope they have aftermarket six shooter lights like the concept and will change it over to that when they become available.

I guess it is because I like guns.

DSkippy 02-07-2008 05:07 PM

Jeremiah, I agree, and I'm sure some entrepreneur is going to exploit this demand. I love this country and capitalism.

mopar2ya 02-07-2008 07:12 PM

Where would the front turn signals be then? In the original Challengers they were down where the driving lights are.