Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Chrome Bumpers

Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrome Bumpers

A speciality company, Retrousa is selling chrome bumpers and side scoops for our Challengers. The bumpers (which secure with 3M tape) cost $399. The scoop cost $199. They look okay from the photos, but I would never install them on my SRT. What do you guys think of them?
Attached Thumbnails 334_ch_front_bump.jpg   204_ch_rear_bump.jpg   334_ch_ventquater_scoop.jpg  
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cuda,
unfortunately photos dont really do any mod justice.
i am going to the mopar nationals in englishtown in mid May
and should be able to get a feel for them there as im sure
someone will have them on in the show area.

are you going?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:23 PM

They do make it more retro. As if it needed any more help to be the best looking of the pony cars. Ours being the clidesdale version. But who does'nt want to ride on a big horse. Pony rides are 25 cents and it takes a real man to ride a horse. I'm a cowboy babeeeee.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:43 AM

I actually think they look good on the car. Not sure if they are $400 nice though. If I was going with the 71 look then the side scoops would be OK but the grill and tail lights on the car are 70 style, I wouldn't use the side scoops. They also have a whole bunch of chrome goodies for the new Challenger.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by wp23n
cuda,
unfortunately photos dont really do any mod justice.
i am going to the mopar nationals in englishtown in mid May
and should be able to get a feel for them there as im sure
someone will have them on in the show area. are you going?
No, unfortunately, I will be away on vacation.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:33 PM

Arrow

Perhaps I'm too "old school" but I don't see the point of adding stuff that doesn't do anything but detract from the original concept. Chrome bumpers, why, this isn't the 70's. The scoops look nice but since they don't actually do anything (like suck hot air out of your engine compartment) why add them? Looking at all this grill stuff among other items I just sit there and wonder why or how anyone could improve upon perfection when it comes to the new Dodge Challenger? Folks there seems to be a growing amount of junk out there that's available for our cars and not all of it is vested in our best interest. IMHO, save your money for something truly useful like a Diablo tuner, trinity or such, you'll be happier in the long run!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Arrow For a Full Pictures & Overall Descriptions check out...

www.retrousa.com
The above mentioned site has larger pictures & better explanation as to what's going on here. Not too bad now that I look at everything (which you can get) but it is 2010 after all. Time like everything else has marched on but it is an "interesting" look to say the least.
It's worth taking the time to check out on your own!

Doozle.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:42 AM

I have small pitting rust spots on my chrome bumpers but not all of them go right through. I believe some penetration sprays are good for this as they leave a surface film that wont come off in bad weather.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:25 AM

i did not see any in person on Saturday at englishtown, of course it wasn't
too big of a show either in fact it was PRETTY DAMN LAME if you ask me.

back in the 90s through about 2005 that was the best show on the east coast with
actual judging of 100s of show cars, lots of drag racing with all staging lanes full and hundred of vendors.

this event had maybe 75 vendors, 100 show cars with most of them being newer LX based non challengers and a couple hundred drag racing and on top of that with no actual show judges it was a so called peoples choice show, unfortunately who ever brought the most friends was the peoples choice winner which really screwed a guy over with a hennessy challenger, in my opinion he should have won our class and got nothing for his effort, well at least he got my vote. LOL

i guess i need to do carlisle, according to a couple of the new parts vendors that were there they wont be back to englishtown next year and will stick with carlisle
which is where they said all of the other vendors are now.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 AM

That's to bad about the Englishtown show. We had a local show in Northern Arizona (Prescott) over the past weekend and had over 105 cars on hand. It was a judged show (I won first place in the SRT class)....and yes, I feel that peoples choice is lame and doesn't mean a whole lot in my mind for the very reason you pointed out. We had about 8 new Challengers, a couple of Magnums, (funny...no new Chargers, go figure), even had three Crossfires. The rest of the field had Mopars that ranged from the 1930's to present with a very good turnout of 60's and 70's muscle cars.
As a side note, our club (Mopars Unlimited of Arizona) has been using "Professional judges" to judge the "Mopars in the Fall Show in Phoenix".....just so that "everyone" is judged fairly by points with no undue favoritism towards club members since we host the event. (It means that we have "ties" but it's still the fairist way to do judging). And, everyone is happy because it's all based on your car....not who you know!

I have talked with the people at Retro USA and they seem really nice......I told them that until they can get some product displayed at shows, many owners will be on the fence regarding their product.........they are working on this issue.

Quick Reply: Chrome Bumpers