Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/)
-   -   RAM Head (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/ram-head-3019/)

SF18C 04-13-2008 11:37 AM

RAM Head

So yeah, I know it’s a Dodge and all, but anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of that Ram head emblem? I am thinking I will simply will need to remove it and fill in the space with stripe and base body color (Orange). Matching up the design for the stripe might be the toughest part.

Dodge should have left the RAM on their trucks.

Has anyone seen one with a front license plate mounted? Were does that go (I assume center of the bumper) and how does it look?

dodgebrothers 04-13-2008 04:36 PM

RE: RAM Head

Agree with you. Think they should have done Dodge in script like the old days since it is such a retro ride or the old Penstar that I've seen folks doing lately.

Jeremiah 29:11 04-13-2008 07:23 PM

I am hoping for some aftermarket Challenger emblems I can put in place of the Ram head.

1971cuda convert 04-13-2008 07:41 PM

Alot would depend on how the rams head was put on I would imagine its double sided tape but there could be a stud there as well .I will most likely leave mine alone other then a few mods to the motor .I really want a sassy grass green car with white interior but I will have to buy a rt to mess with not my 08 .

DSkippy 04-14-2008 05:06 AM

Yeah, they keep giving lip service "Tell us what you want"....they should have polls on their site that pose questions that have been voted on a minimum to ask. "Keep the RAM Head?"

Then, let the consumer's will be done. Again, you could replace it with the old Scat Back Insignia since it's retro....

SF18C 04-14-2008 05:14 AM

Thanks for the replies...at least I am not the only one taken back by the Ram head!

Now again has anyone seen one with a front license plate mounted? Were does that go (I assume center of the bumper) and how does it look? I think this is going to really mess up the fron end!

My last "hot rod" was a 2000 Pontica Firebird...it has a nice recess for the front plate.

Paladin06 04-14-2008 06:19 AM

I've been against the ram head on the Challenger for two years. I intend to remove it from all areas on my car.

MGDMike 04-14-2008 09:51 PM

I like it on my Ram 1500 but thats it.. it'll go away on my car.

RoswellGrey 04-15-2008 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I've been against the ram head on the Challenger for two years. I intend to remove it from all areas on my car.
Paladin again wins the month's True American award for his righteous stance against the Ram's head. Bring out the guillotine! Death to the Ram's head! ;)

Paladin06 04-15-2008 03:12 AM

It just doesn't Challenger or MuscleCar to me. On the trucks, OK, maybe.... but not on my Challenger.