Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/)
-   -   Vanishing Point (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/vanishing-point-224/)

cjnoog 04-09-2006 05:47 PM

Vanishing Point

If all goes well in first year sales they should make a limited VP version since we all know the greatist car chase movie from where the Challenger got really famous from.

B00SS 04-10-2006 02:45 PM

RE: Vanishing Point

Hey, they made a Bullet Mustang, so why not?

Paladin06 04-11-2006 04:34 PM

Stop it!! You're killing me.;)

dodgebrothers 04-15-2006 09:33 PM

yep, complete with the nude motorcycle chick...helluva an option!!

GENX_HEMI9 04-16-2006 10:08 PM

it would be cool

lear4406 11-15-2006 04:05 PM

I was thinking that this would be a good time for a remake of the original Vanishing Point. The reintroduction of the Challenger and a modern version on the big screne. Just like the new Gone in 60 Seconds, use some known actors and the same theme. It made the 70 White Challenger an instant hit with more than 1/2 of the viewing audience. A whole new generation with a burned in memory of this car. When I drive my white Challenger and stop and get gas or I am getting out at the store, someone will always say .... Hey thats the vanishing point car. Or they say hey Kowalski. It would be great timing to re-release a cult classic and it had a positive influence on the sales of Challengers. So we can dream can't we. It sure burned the image into my mind. It will always be my favorite movie car. And definetly the favorite Dodge used in a movie. Take care and check out your local theaters, it may just be in the works. Randy

Jeremiah 29:11 11-15-2006 05:15 PM

There was a made for TV remake back I believe in '98. The story line was better and so was the ending, but
the car scenes were not as good. So I own both movies on DVD.

lear4406 11-16-2006 06:58 AM

I have both movies on DVD and the 1970 movie is by far much better in my opinion. The era and what was going on at the time gave the movie it appeal. The music was just great and the musical stars that sang on the sound track before they became known. The photograghy was awsome. The new movie had been watered down and edited to death. The pictures of the car were better and filming equipment more advanced. But it never really hit home to the veiwers. The original had all the right elements and a super, super Soul. Clevon added so much to the first and the then new 70 Challenger completed it. Barry Newman did a great job as the driver who just has to be in San Fran. by a certain time. The European release has a few more scenes in it than the american release. It also has Charlotte Rampling the famous British actress. She is not shown in the American release. But this is just my opinion, it might have a lot to do with the times each was released. Take care and enjoy both. Randy.

joeyr 03-01-2007 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

I was thinking that this would be a good time for a remake of the original Vanishing Point. The reintroduction of the Challenger and a modern version on the big screne. Just like the new Gone in 60 Seconds, use some known actors and the same theme. It made the 70 White Challenger an instant hit with more than 1/2 of the viewing audience. A whole new generation with a burned in memory of this car. When I drive my white Challenger and stop and get gas or I am getting out at the store, someone will always say .... Hey thats the vanishing point car. Or they say hey Kowalski. It would be great timing to re-release a cult classic and it had a positive influence on the sales of Challengers. So we can dream can't we. It sure burned the image into my mind. It will always be my favorite movie car. And definetly the favorite Dodge used in a movie. Take care and check out your local theaters, it may just be in the works. Randy
In the MT article (the with the vanishing point theme), they said a remake involving Sean Penn was in the works.

ED1971PA 03-01-2007 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: joeyr

ORIGINAL: lear4406

In the MT article (the with the vanishing point theme), they said a remake involving Sean Penn was in the works.
Thanks Joey, It was driving me nuts because I knew I heard that somewhere, especially the Sean Penn part which I remembered because I hate him,lol, but I didn't want to start spreading rumors when I couldn't remember the source, I have the article too. Actually I think someone posted at least the pics somewhere on this forum and maybe the article too.