Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-20/)
-   -   Year One ??? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-20/year-one-1205/)

lear4406 03-30-2007 06:59 AM

Year One ???

I gave Year One a full payment for front and rear bumpers, plus bumper bolt kit. I was told it would put me at the head of the line and when the manufacturers inventory arrived mine would be shipped first. Well that was Jan. I have called several times and still no bumpers. Is this normal to take several months to get the product back into the store? Anyone have any negative results from Year One. I have bought from them before and the sales were all positive.

wacs440 03-30-2007 08:38 AM

RE: Year One ???

I have some parts from them that have been on back order for about 6 weeks. I placed an order for about 10 pieces
all at once and I get 1 box at a time with only 1 item in it. Must cost them a fortune in shipping.

lear4406 03-30-2007 09:20 AM

I guess there is hope then.

mopar440 03-30-2007 09:34 AM

Year One will keep their promise, I have never had a problem with them.

lear4406 03-30-2007 09:43 AM

Thanks for the reassurance. I have only positive results from past purchases with them. Just wondering outloud why it takes so long to restock if the demand is high for the Challenger parts.

mopar440 03-30-2007 12:24 PM

Well, unfortunately sometimes the supplier itself is backed up on orders, especially if they make products for other vehicles. Year One is a good company that stands by their products and they have good quality also.

lear4406 04-16-2007 07:56 AM

Year One called and said that the bumpers were still on back order and 22 people are on that list. I do hope that the supplier will get the product there soon. I have no other options. So I will have patience and wait. 22 other people, are these Challengers hot or what. They really are a hot product right now.

mopar440 04-16-2007 10:32 AM

Ya, it blows to have to wait, especially when you want to get your ride done and going. Year One is a good company and will help you out. Challengers/Cuda's have always been a hot item as far as Classic Mopar is concerned.

jdb840 04-17-2007 06:33 PM

I was getting ready to order some parts through them, and found out that there was a 2-4 week wait on shackles. I instead went the easy route and got them from Summit. I have ordered through Year one before and haven't had a problem with them, but sometimes you want the parts asap.

gilbert 05-15-2007 04:24 PM

Called year one tonight for front and rear bumpers for 74,told they don't carry rear for 74 , do you know if 73 and 74 rear bumpers are the same. they also told me 2 to 6 months wait for 73 bmpers.Any other ideas?

lear4406 07-18-2007 12:43 PM

I recieved my bumpers today and they were worth the wait. Man what a nice job they did on these things. They also sent the bolt kit with it. Thanks Year One!

jdb840 07-24-2007 12:07 AM

Congrats lear on finally getting your new bumpers:)

This is the first time I noticed that in your sig pic, you don't have a front bumper on the car.

lear4406 07-24-2007 02:57 AM

Yeah, I've been waiting a few months for the bumpers and they are what I would call show condition. I almost feel guilty putting these on. Like a pearl necklace on a pit bull. jdb840 what have you done on your car lately and have you had a chance to take it to any car shows or meets. How often do you drive it on the street? If I came out of my house and had to choose which ride to take each day... your car would definetly be going to the gas station for a fuel up and a nice cruise to work. Take care and we'll see you later.

jdb840 07-24-2007 09:39 AM

My car has been down for about a month now. My oil pan was leaking and starting taking out the old one then realized I have to raise the motor to pull the pan out. I've been really busy with work lately, so I haven't had that much time enjoying the car this summer[:'(]. Hopefully in the next week or so I should have this done.

lear4406 07-24-2007 03:01 PM

Sounds good. Are you going with a stock replacement or a 7-9 quart pan. I have a milodon on my GTX, with a melling high-volume oil pump. It has 90 pounds cold and when it heats up it idles at 35 and runs at 70. I hope you get it all together and hit those cruise spots before it get too cool. Have fun and be safe.

jdb840 07-26-2007 04:55 AM

I replaced it with a stock oil pan and a windage tray. I think when I have my engine rebuild I will probably go with a 7 quart and HV oil pump as well. I would love to stroke it to a 496, and put either the Indy EZ, or the Vic JR heads as well. That might be to much head for the 6 pack intake though. This is my plan for next year, depending on how much I can save up. I think instead of getting a new chally next year, my funds will go into the 70.

I haven't taken it to a car show this year.

How's your car coming along? When are you getting it painted?

lear4406 07-26-2007 12:19 PM

I made the mistake of going home for a weekend last month. I realize how bad of shape my GTX is in. So now it will go to the body shop instead of the Challenger. They will have it for 8-10 months and so I can continue to drive the Challenger. I did grind and sand on the Challenger last weekend in the trunk. I sprayed some primer on it and will continue this weekend on this trunk project. The trunk is not as bad as I thought it was. There are only a few places where the rust has gone through and only about a 1cm. in diameter. I will pull the interior out and do the floor pans also. Sounds like you have a plan for next year. The stroker 440 would be killer, no doubt. Aluminium heads would be sweet and add quite a horsepower increase with the flow #s those heads move at. Take care and we'll see you later.

lear4406 08-24-2007 01:52 PM

I went today to pick up my front bumper support brackets. I had them media blasted and powder coated semi-gloss black. They did a nice job and next week my headers go to be ceramicoated. They may have them a while. They do a nice job on the stuff we've sent to them. I have a few more panels to order and the Challenger will be going to the body shop for a few months. My dream is to go to the Dodge dealership and look at the first Challengers to hit the floor in my 71 Challenger. Seems only fittting for the 71 to see its great grandchildren.

MJS73 10-01-2007 02:44 PM

I tried to order a new rear bumper for my '73 back in March and was told it would be September at the earliest, and most likely later. When I asked why, I was told that there is only one guy making them and he is very slow. When I asked why they didn't order several for stock, they told me that people would just buy them up, which I thought was a weird response from a company that sels things. I only order from Year One when I have to. Ended up having my bumper re-chromed.

Mike

lear4406 10-02-2007 04:32 AM

Nice car!! Having them rechromed is a nice option to have. Do you drive your car on the street very often? And if you do, isn't it nice to get the attention you get when you drive a fine automobile. Take care and enjoy the ride.

AmericanMuscleCarRev 10-27-2007 08:04 PM

Guys, I really hope I don't offend anyone with this posting but here goes.

YearOne is great BUT they don't manufacture anything that I'm aware of.

They get everything from other sources. There's nothing wrong with that, that's what just about all distributors do.

But, did you ever think about how they pay all of those salaries? How about the fancy building? Do you know how much those catalogs cost?

I've been restoring cars a long time and I've found smaller distributors for just about everything I need.

The little guy doesn't have the overhead and thus doesn't need as much mark-up. That doesn't mean that some don't try tho.

Try Daisy Dukes Restorations for body metal, including bumpers and interior parts. The prices will astonish you when you compare them to YearOne.

Call 1-888-8 DAISYD

[IMG]local://upfiles/1009/CBDC006710604A8BA8375959E7B0B0E3.jpg[/IMG]

Jeremiah 29:11 10-28-2007 10:12 AM

I would think, that also because they are large, they have buying power as well and get larger discounts which they can pass down to their customers.

Kinda like what Dell did for their customers who bought PC's.

AmericanMuscleCarRev 10-29-2007 02:07 PM

You may be right, I may be crazy, HEY, But it may just be a lunatic you're looking for...

I would think they could, but I think they don't.

Pic a part that most people need for their Challenger, like a quarter panel, fender, bumper, floor pan, trunk pan, etc.

Call YearOne for a quote. You'll get one of many friendly people who'll take you order and or give you an immediate quote.

Then call Daisy and do the same.

You might have to leave a message, she might have to call you back BUT the difference in what you'll pay on any given part will surprise you.

And, if you are doing a lot of work on your car, you'll be able to buy many more parts for the same money.

Daisy has a weekly special on Moparts and this past week it was E body one piece trunk pans for $189. YearOne's are $366. That's HUGE!

AND, I happen to know that she gets her metal parts from the same manufacterer as YearOne.

Granted, that's a special she was running so all savings aren't that great but she's cheaper on every single part!

She doesn't have YearOne's large selection but on Body Metal and Interior, she can't be beat by anyone!

You don't have to take my word, Give her a call yourself.

I'm just trying to give you the benefit of my labor at finding the best deals.

I might just give her a call myself and see if she wants to extend her specials to this group.

But it would be better if a NEW customer did.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1009/903FA228D59B4B87BF90EDC0AD4D0173.jpg[/IMG]

lear4406 10-29-2007 04:11 PM

I have seen her products on E-Bay but with a 0 rating because shes new I was afraid of bidding. I've been burned a few times on E-Bay and I'm a little gun shy with newbies. But the price was very good and she wanted to charge only what the shipping really was. If I need something again I will try her products out. I'll tell her you sent me;)

AmericanMuscleCarRev 10-30-2007 03:31 PM

I told her to give Ebay a try.

I think before that she's just been word of mouth and Moparts postings.

I hope I didn't steer her in the wrong direction. We'll see.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1009/EF187F843DE744DAB9442AEF3F9ED752.jpg[/IMG]