Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-20/)
-   -   Year One ??? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-20/year-one-1205/)

lear4406 07-18-2007 12:43 PM

RE: Year One ???

I recieved my bumpers today and they were worth the wait. Man what a nice job they did on these things. They also sent the bolt kit with it. Thanks Year One!

jdb840 07-24-2007 12:07 AM

Congrats lear on finally getting your new bumpers:)

This is the first time I noticed that in your sig pic, you don't have a front bumper on the car.

lear4406 07-24-2007 02:57 AM

Yeah, I've been waiting a few months for the bumpers and they are what I would call show condition. I almost feel guilty putting these on. Like a pearl necklace on a pit bull. jdb840 what have you done on your car lately and have you had a chance to take it to any car shows or meets. How often do you drive it on the street? If I came out of my house and had to choose which ride to take each day... your car would definetly be going to the gas station for a fuel up and a nice cruise to work. Take care and we'll see you later.

jdb840 07-24-2007 09:39 AM

My car has been down for about a month now. My oil pan was leaking and starting taking out the old one then realized I have to raise the motor to pull the pan out. I've been really busy with work lately, so I haven't had that much time enjoying the car this summer[:'(]. Hopefully in the next week or so I should have this done.

lear4406 07-24-2007 03:01 PM

Sounds good. Are you going with a stock replacement or a 7-9 quart pan. I have a milodon on my GTX, with a melling high-volume oil pump. It has 90 pounds cold and when it heats up it idles at 35 and runs at 70. I hope you get it all together and hit those cruise spots before it get too cool. Have fun and be safe.

jdb840 07-26-2007 04:55 AM

I replaced it with a stock oil pan and a windage tray. I think when I have my engine rebuild I will probably go with a 7 quart and HV oil pump as well. I would love to stroke it to a 496, and put either the Indy EZ, or the Vic JR heads as well. That might be to much head for the 6 pack intake though. This is my plan for next year, depending on how much I can save up. I think instead of getting a new chally next year, my funds will go into the 70.

I haven't taken it to a car show this year.

How's your car coming along? When are you getting it painted?

lear4406 07-26-2007 12:19 PM

I made the mistake of going home for a weekend last month. I realize how bad of shape my GTX is in. So now it will go to the body shop instead of the Challenger. They will have it for 8-10 months and so I can continue to drive the Challenger. I did grind and sand on the Challenger last weekend in the trunk. I sprayed some primer on it and will continue this weekend on this trunk project. The trunk is not as bad as I thought it was. There are only a few places where the rust has gone through and only about a 1cm. in diameter. I will pull the interior out and do the floor pans also. Sounds like you have a plan for next year. The stroker 440 would be killer, no doubt. Aluminium heads would be sweet and add quite a horsepower increase with the flow #s those heads move at. Take care and we'll see you later.

lear4406 08-24-2007 01:52 PM

I went today to pick up my front bumper support brackets. I had them media blasted and powder coated semi-gloss black. They did a nice job and next week my headers go to be ceramicoated. They may have them a while. They do a nice job on the stuff we've sent to them. I have a few more panels to order and the Challenger will be going to the body shop for a few months. My dream is to go to the Dodge dealership and look at the first Challengers to hit the floor in my 71 Challenger. Seems only fittting for the 71 to see its great grandchildren.

MJS73 10-01-2007 02:44 PM

I tried to order a new rear bumper for my '73 back in March and was told it would be September at the earliest, and most likely later. When I asked why, I was told that there is only one guy making them and he is very slow. When I asked why they didn't order several for stock, they told me that people would just buy them up, which I thought was a weird response from a company that sels things. I only order from Year One when I have to. Ended up having my bumper re-chromed.

Mike

lear4406 10-02-2007 04:32 AM

Nice car!! Having them rechromed is a nice option to have. Do you drive your car on the street very often? And if you do, isn't it nice to get the attention you get when you drive a fine automobile. Take care and enjoy the ride.