Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-20/)
-   -   Year One ??? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-20/year-one-1205/)

AmericanMuscleCarRev 10-27-2007 08:04 PM

RE: Year One ???

Guys, I really hope I don't offend anyone with this posting but here goes.

YearOne is great BUT they don't manufacture anything that I'm aware of.

They get everything from other sources. There's nothing wrong with that, that's what just about all distributors do.

But, did you ever think about how they pay all of those salaries? How about the fancy building? Do you know how much those catalogs cost?

I've been restoring cars a long time and I've found smaller distributors for just about everything I need.

The little guy doesn't have the overhead and thus doesn't need as much mark-up. That doesn't mean that some don't try tho.

Try Daisy Dukes Restorations for body metal, including bumpers and interior parts. The prices will astonish you when you compare them to YearOne.

Call 1-888-8 DAISYD

[IMG]local://upfiles/1009/CBDC006710604A8BA8375959E7B0B0E3.jpg[/IMG]

Jeremiah 29:11 10-28-2007 10:12 AM

I would think, that also because they are large, they have buying power as well and get larger discounts which they can pass down to their customers.

Kinda like what Dell did for their customers who bought PC's.

AmericanMuscleCarRev 10-29-2007 02:07 PM

You may be right, I may be crazy, HEY, But it may just be a lunatic you're looking for...

I would think they could, but I think they don't.

Pic a part that most people need for their Challenger, like a quarter panel, fender, bumper, floor pan, trunk pan, etc.

Call YearOne for a quote. You'll get one of many friendly people who'll take you order and or give you an immediate quote.

Then call Daisy and do the same.

You might have to leave a message, she might have to call you back BUT the difference in what you'll pay on any given part will surprise you.

And, if you are doing a lot of work on your car, you'll be able to buy many more parts for the same money.

Daisy has a weekly special on Moparts and this past week it was E body one piece trunk pans for $189. YearOne's are $366. That's HUGE!

AND, I happen to know that she gets her metal parts from the same manufacterer as YearOne.

Granted, that's a special she was running so all savings aren't that great but she's cheaper on every single part!

She doesn't have YearOne's large selection but on Body Metal and Interior, she can't be beat by anyone!

You don't have to take my word, Give her a call yourself.

I'm just trying to give you the benefit of my labor at finding the best deals.

I might just give her a call myself and see if she wants to extend her specials to this group.

But it would be better if a NEW customer did.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1009/903FA228D59B4B87BF90EDC0AD4D0173.jpg[/IMG]

lear4406 10-29-2007 04:11 PM

I have seen her products on E-Bay but with a 0 rating because shes new I was afraid of bidding. I've been burned a few times on E-Bay and I'm a little gun shy with newbies. But the price was very good and she wanted to charge only what the shipping really was. If I need something again I will try her products out. I'll tell her you sent me;)

AmericanMuscleCarRev 10-30-2007 03:31 PM

I told her to give Ebay a try.

I think before that she's just been word of mouth and Moparts postings.

I hope I didn't steer her in the wrong direction. We'll see.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1009/EF187F843DE744DAB9442AEF3F9ED752.jpg[/IMG]