Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-14/)
-   -   Audio? How about radio delete? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-14/audio-how-about-radio-delete-170/)

B00SS 03-10-2006 04:13 PM

Audio? How about radio delete?

I don't need no stinkin' audio. The only audio I want is the rumble of that mean V8. Funny that this area is not being posted in. I suspect there are a few that feel the same.

TechmanBD 03-10-2006 04:36 PM

RE: Audio? How about radio delete?

Nope, I think they should offer the Infinity system in this car. :D

It is a good system for premium OEM stereo system.

deranged 03-10-2006 07:27 PM

Radio delete will not happen. It's just standard equipment these days. The days of checking options on and off are long gone. Now you buy packages at different trim levels of the same vehicle. This is good in a way because it saves the manufacturer money by not having to personalize every vehicle coming down the production line and lowers the cost of these packages in the long run for the consumer.

Paladin06 03-10-2006 11:53 PM

Hey I'm hoping for the XM option because I can not roll without my old school music.
If not, I'll fix that in short order.

Jeremiah 29:11 03-11-2006 12:05 AM

All of the trim packages include a radio and from a manufacturing perspective it would cost more because of logistics to not include a radio so just enjoy it.

Jeremiah 29:11

deranged 03-11-2006 07:27 AM

Just turn it off!;)

B00SS 03-13-2006 10:46 AM

I was being facetious, fellas. But hey, it did get something going under this topic. I wouldn't want to go A/C delete like was done back in the day either, and I love my ponies, but I live in Texas.

TeeWJay426 03-22-2006 11:29 AM

Gotta have good tunes. Infinity CD system is a must!

1 Bad Mirada 03-22-2006 12:58 PM

i made a comment in the other thread in this section about the AV stuff...i dont want a screen or any of that crap...and while i have a pretty good system in the stratus, i dont need one in the challenger...that being said, if i could get the same stock system in the challenger as i have in the RT,i would be perfectly happy.

TechmanBD 03-29-2006 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

Yes agreed, I am all for this. More work for me :D

RLSH700 07-20-2006 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

I also agree! I think it would be great if they could make a retro design head unit with modern day technology.

habeba86 07-24-2006 04:41 PM

It really doesnt matter to me whats in it from the factory, because it wont be in there for long....

TechmanBD 07-24-2006 06:03 PM

Yeah, that is the way I am. I would get the basic system, and replace it. I just did my mustang. I am sure nothing compared to your systems habeba, but works for me. I will post pics later.
Right now I have the stock HU.

Infinity Basslink II 250Wrms amped sub w/ the 4sc module installed that is 4 channel 50Wrms
4 Infinity Kappa682.7CF 6x8's.
Harman Kardan IPOD Drive and Play.
PIE aux rca input for HK Drive and Play.
I used the Pep Boys Lightning cable kit to hook the amp up and speaker wire

All cost me around $400.

It sounds pretty good for me. I still am in the process of getting the gains just right, and crossover just right on the sub.

I am going to see how this all works once adjusted and make the decision of a cleansweep, or something similar to it.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-24-2006 09:42 PM

TechmanBD.....when you say cleansweep are you talking about sweeping your car with pink noise and calibrating
the different frequencies with a 1/3 octave equalizer or did I read more into it and got geeky.

I had done that in my last Dodge Caravan and the sound was clean, and had a deep tight bass. The highs were highs and the lows were lows.

TechmanBD 07-24-2006 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

TechmanBD.....when you say cleansweep are you talking about sweeping your car with pink noise and calibrating
the different frequencies with a 1/3 octave equalizer or did I read more into it and got geeky.

I had done that in my last Dodge Caravan and the sound was clean, and had a deep tight bass. The highs were highs and the lows were lows.
No, the cleansweep is made by JL, it is a signal processor to add to the output of the OEM stereos, in flatens the EQ and the adjusts the EQ to the way you want it. Then has rca low outputs you put to the amps. It is suppose to make the ability to keep the stock stereo and have a clean sound of an aftermarket HU.

RLSH700 07-25-2006 01:48 PM

How well do these head units last, TechmanBD?

Hemi Head Surround 08-21-2006 01:19 AM

[size=3][font="Arial"][size=3]
I don't care what comes in the car as long as I can put in my DVD-A player. :eek:
That way I can listen to my 1 off "Dark Side of the Moon" 4.1 surround sound DVD-A disc. 96/24 High Rez.:)
Not The SACD/MC. Version.[&o]
But the Original Alan Parsons 4.0 QUAD Remasterted for DVD-A Audio.:D
Not available to the general public I may add![sm=sorry.gif]
Then blow off their doors.[sm=massbounce.gif]

habeba86 08-23-2006 11:20 PM

It might not be as loud as I would want it lol but I bet it sounds good tho!!

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Yeah, that is the way I am. I would get the basic system, and replace it. I just did my mustang. I am sure nothing compared to your systems habeba, but works for me. I will post pics later.
Right now I have the stock HU.

Infinity Basslink II 250Wrms amped sub w/ the 4sc module installed that is 4 channel 50Wrms
4 Infinity Kappa682.7CF 6x8's.
Harman Kardan IPOD Drive and Play.
PIE aux rca input for HK Drive and Play.
I used the Pep Boys Lightning cable kit to hook the amp up and speaker wire

All cost me around $400.

It sounds pretty good for me. I still am in the process of getting the gains just right, and crossover just right on the sub.

I am going to see how this all works once adjusted and make the decision of a cleansweep, or something similar to it.

Jeremiah 29:11 08-24-2006 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

No, the cleansweep is made by JL, it is a signal processor to add to the output of the OEM stereos, in flatens the EQ and the adjusts the EQ to the way you want it. Then has rca low outputs you put to the amps. It is suppose to make the ability to keep the stock stereo and have a clean sound of an aftermarket HU.
Keep in mind that yes the cleansweep may be able to flat it out, but can only process what it sees and if the factory radio can only output certain frequencies then the Cleansweep can't make up frequencies it does not see or hear. It can do the best it can by what it hears and compensate for it.

Also know that flattening an EQ is not a good thing due to differences in electronics, speaker, room acoustics (including road noise), and oh by the way our ears. Look at Fletcher–Munson curves and you will know what I am talking about. Those curves basically show that at different frequencies our ears have different loudness contours.

What I am saying is if you want the look get a Cleansweep, but if you want the sound get a new head unit with low outputs or better yet digital outs either coax or optical. More and more auto radios have optical outs.

TechmanBD 08-24-2006 06:20 PM

Once I can, I have decided not to go the cleansweep route. I am going to get a better HU. Kenwood with HD tuner and the Kenwood Ipod controller. And put the HK Ipod controller back into the truck. But I want to see what the true stereo system will look like in teh Challenger, so what ever HU I buy, I can pull it out and put teh stock back in teh Mustang, and be able to use it on the Challenger.

The system I have in now sounds good, but definatley need a better HU.

Jeremiah 29:11 08-24-2006 11:01 PM

Sweeeeet, that is what I would do since I like great sound and I have been known to be a rear end about it. I am just particular that way.
I am also particular about video. 1080P anyone?

TechmanBD 08-25-2006 10:14 AM

I am too. If you didn't know, I work for a world class company in audio. From homes, cars, and professional(theatres, concert halls, etc). My division manufactures the OEM car audio for cars. I have a nice setup at home now, and in my car besides the HU.

Here is what I am looking at
for HU
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8ynlJ8X...sp?I=113DPX701

HD Tuner
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8ynlJ8X...p?I=113HR100TR

Ipod connector
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8ynlJ8X...asp?I=113IP500

And eventually, all depends on what cash I have get teh Bluetooth Cell Hands Free
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8ynlJ8X...asp?I=113BT100

bbbb1111 10-12-2006 08:41 PM

Gotta have a premium sound system with navigation "navigation WHY" so when gettin tailled by the PIGGIES or sum kinda NUT hit the lights N bail the HELL out there HAHAHA HEMI with night VISION.....javascript:void(AddText(':D'))
javascript:void(AddText(':D'))

shelbywho 11-01-2006 04:40 AM

You could create your own radio delete, and maybe sell it. I'm sure there are alot of people out there who feel the same as you.

shelbywho 11-01-2006 04:43 AM

What about a FLIR infared camera in the grill? OMG!!!!! that would be sweet for DODGEin the po po!!!!!

Why Try 10-16-2007 07:46 AM

If the factory one isn't good enough you can always put in an aftermarket one. besides the price they charge for the up grade is usually what you can get for a better after market one IMO