Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-14/)
-   -   Audio mod. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-14/audio-mod-4538/)

deep south 09-04-2008 09:10 PM

Audio mod.

I am ready to do an audio mod. I want to keep the head unit but I am VERY disappointed with the sound. What are my options? Speakers only? Which ones will work? Or do I need to add any amps also? Thanks for any imput. Thanks Jim

Andre@Edge 09-04-2008 11:09 PM

RE: Audio mod.

I agree with you here Jim,
The sound system is just ok... I set the EQ, and pulled most the sound from the rears... only then does it sound decent. Strange thing is the sound is much better in movie mode.

I think I will start with speakers and work from there. Not sure how many channels they have the system on. 4 I would think. Sure be nice to drive that as 6-8 with 2 amps.

mopar2ya 09-05-2008 05:23 AM

I set the EQ heavy on the bass... heavy on the treble... and set the mid down into the negative. Faded to the rear a bit and pretty much happy with the sound. Then realize every time I drive I perfer to listen to The Car... not the stereo anyway... ;)

tcchubb 09-05-2008 08:47 AM

do you guys have the kicker setup?

Andre@Edge 09-05-2008 09:45 AM

I have the kicker, but its the first upgrade when I do speakers.

roadagent 09-05-2008 04:52 PM

I haven't tried movie mode yet,but I have noticed a difference from CD to Radio.Can you adjust each one individually or is the EQ setup the same for all modes?

mopar2ya 09-05-2008 05:27 PM

I set mine up... listened to it for about 5 mins while driving and couldnt stand it anymore, had to hear the sweet music of that hemi singing... off she went... ;)

Jeremiah 29:11 09-06-2008 11:21 AM

If you are not a boomer but just want clean awesome sound, here are a few suggestions:

1. Have at least 40 watts going to each corner of the car......so you need at least 200 watts RMS total.

2. Have a tweeter, mid-range, and woofer in each corner.

3. Have at least a 15 band equalizer and a dual band is nice. Onoe of the electronic DSP equalizers is nice and if has a pink noise generator and a caliberated mic. then you are in hog heaven.

4. Have at least a 100 watt amp for a separate subwoofer enclosure and ported is fine since an acoustic suspension type takes up too much room.

5. Have an audio store shoot pink noise in the car to setup the equalizer.

6. If you have the music sources with 5.1 or more then setup a speaker/channel and make the changes with the amps as well.

Oh yeah, when you want to enjoy your Hemi.......turn the system off. :D

TRW762X51mm 09-07-2008 01:37 PM

That bites... That is one reason why I didn't go fancy on the stereo system, I knew it wouldn't be to the standards. Factory is all great all but I want better. Actual store bought Boston Acoustic, Polk, Infinity, and possibly Pioneer/ Kenwood is the only way to go. Subwoofers are best fitted with MTX or JL Audio. [8D]

RUBBERBNDMAN 09-07-2008 04:05 PM

I think this stereo is great...maybe I listen differently beats my Magnum Boston system big time:D