Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-14/)
-   -   Challenger and LoJack? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-14/challenger-lojack-4115/)

TRW762X51mm 08-01-2008 04:47 PM

Challenger and LoJack?

I am highly interested in the LoJack security system for the Challenger in built status. What do you think? Would LoJack be worth-it on a R/T? How much is the system? I called LoJack and they told me there is no monthly cost, so that is a plus. But how much is the system? Since we have dealers here can anyone chime in. Thanks. :)

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-01-2008 09:27 PM

RE: Challenger and LoJack?

yes it works great but the police could track you find your fast points and be waiting with radar.its bad enough we have data recorders built into our cars that keep track of certain items top speed one of them. big brother baby.
oh lojack is operated by local law enforcement

TRW762X51mm 08-01-2008 10:02 PM

Yeah, that is the downside of that, you are right. Maybe a killswitch and a really good alarm huh? Is there an aftermarker alarm system that senses people within the car and warns you on your remote controller? I just want a really good alarm system.

carwizard 08-08-2008 11:18 PM

I have Lojack on 7 of my cars in my classic car collection. Lojack is only activated when you call the police and tell them your car was stolen. They then ask you for your serial number which allows them to send a burst signal out that just turns on your Lojack device. The police cars and helicopters can then track the retrieval signal your car is giving off that leads to recovery. The Early Warning system notifies your email or phone,cell phone if your vehicle has been moved or towed (tilt switch) with out the identification fob that stays with the driver. I bought my Lojack from Affordable Classics in Torrance California for 595 standard and 895 for the Early warning ones. South Bay Bmw wanted 895 and 1395. So the price varies.

TRW762X51mm 08-09-2008 10:02 PM

Thanks Carwizard. :)

I am highly interested in the LoJack, but especially the Early Warning system. Do you have a phone number for the place you mention you got your installed? Who should I ask for? Is there any discounts or deals? Thanks :D

carwizard 08-11-2008 08:21 AM

Their phone number is 310-542-5824. Ask for Neal. He is the Lojack person there. The Early Warning System is the way to go.

CUIN10 08-11-2008 04:34 PM

Just know that Lojack is not active in all 50 states. Here in Illinois we have it, but if someone to take the car to Indiana, the police cannot track the car there.

SF18C 08-14-2008 01:08 AM

Take a look at these guys...in 32 years not one stolen vehicle plus cheaper than Lojack
http://www.ravelco.com/

We would like to stress four important points:

1. When you buy directly from the factory, you have an opportunity to have your RAVELCO installed whenever and wherever you wish. (Your convenience and safety are our primary concern.)

2. To date, no vehicle protected by the RAVELCO has EVER been stolen, and the product has been on the market for 32 years.

3. Your insurance company will discount your auto insurance premiums once you advise them that your vehicle is protected by the RAVELCO.

4. The RAVELCO is guaranteed for life.

If you would like for us to ship a RAVELCO Anti Theft Device to you send $269.95 US Dollars (If you are in Alaska - Hawaii or another country, please add $35.00 (US Dollars) extra for shipping) in a:

Cashier's Check, Money Order (will ship the next day) or
Personal Check (will ship in one week) to:
Sorry - we do not accept Credit Cards, PayPal, non-US Checks or non-US Postal Money Orders.

To:

RAVELCO Anti Theft Device
6920 Oak Knoll Drive
Richmond, Texas 77469-8660

281 341-6222

We are the manufacturer, not a reseller so therefore there are absolutely no refunds or returns.

Be sure to include the year and type of vehicle it will be installed in so we can send you the proper installation instructions.

We ship by UPS, so we will need an address to ship to. WE will not ship to a PO Box.

Please view the News videos on our web site . . . if you do - you will become a customer!

Sincerely,

Dave Atkinson
www.ravelco.com

Hemi Cuda 08-14-2008 07:01 AM

I just bought 2 Lojacks "Early Warning systems" from Affordable Classics. One was installed there and the other one they had done at my house. My insurance company gave me a discount on insurance because I had Lojack. I had to send them the Lojack certificate to get the discount.

I just looked at the "Ravelco" website mentioned above this post and had some concerns.

1-It looks like various wires have to be cut for this device to do its job. I feel uncomfortable with that. The Lojack only required one power and one ground feed.

2-There is a * by the claim "not one vehicle ever stolen" that says "by defeating a properly installed & utillized raveleco".
a-who controls the quality of install? I know my Lojack is installed by factory technicians
b-what protects the car from being stolen in other ways. SUCH AS BEING TOWED AWAY. My system calls me on my cell phone when its been towed.

3-the price on the website is with out labor. I wonder what it costs with labor?

4-I am not sure I want to look at that round thing in my classic car. My Lojack is not visible.

I think its great to try to stop my car from being stolen. But its important to me to have it recovered by police in case it is towed etc. Many times the recovered car will catch the thief as well because they are in it when its tracked down. How cool is that. Take one theif off the road one at a time. Their recovery rate is over 90%. I think they even offer a 24 hour recovery rate guarantee. I considered a GPS system but found out that a GPS signal can be eliminated by being in an enclosed garage etc. I know this is probably true because my hand held direction GPS device cant find a satellite when I am in my house or even under heavy trees. I also heard that the GPS types communicate with the Satelites with a GPS type of signal for their directional location but have to use cell phone "airways" to communicate to us where they are. There are too many holes in my cell phone experience to trust that type of communication. So this is why I chose Lojack. Some states do have areas that are NOT covered by Lojack. I would check with your Lojack dealer first and ask if your covered at you home location and at work. I hope this explains my research.

Rudy61SRT8 09-01-2008 12:17 PM

I got lojack on my challenger it costs $750 and takes about twenty minutes to install. It is definitley worth it with this car.

ORIGINAL: TRW762X51mm

I am highly interested in the LoJack security system for the Challenger in built status. What do you think? Would LoJack be worth-it on a R/T? How much is the system? I called LoJack and they told me there is no monthly cost, so that is a plus. But how much is the system? Since we have dealers here can anyone chime in. Thanks. :)