Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Docket Set for Barrett-Jackson’s Greatest Collector Car Auction Ever

Old 12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Docket Set for Barrett-Jackson’s Greatest Collector Car Auction Ever

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...30&newsLang=en

Challenger in the Spotlight! WOO HOO!!!!!

[quote] Docket Set for Barrett-Jackson’s Greatest Collector Car Auction Ever

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In just 30 days, the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company will kick off their 37th Annual Collector Car Event with the finest selection of vehicles in their legendary history. Shelbys and Stingrays, Rolls Royces and Road Runners, ‘Cudas and Caddies and Bel Airs and Benzes will join comeback classics, concepts from Italy, customs from Barris and cars from the stars to be sold at No Reserve on Jan. 12-20, 2008, in Scottsdale, Ariz. Hailed as “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Events™,” the Scottsdale auction will feature over 1000 of the world’s top collector vehicles and lavish lifestyle events. SPEED will broadcast live during all six auction days.

“With the consignment process completed, we’re beginning the home stretch toward our most diverse, star-studded auction in the thirty-seven year history of Barrett-Jackson,” said Craig Jackson, Chairman/CEO of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company. “While some rely on certain niches to attract a specific group of bidders, we pride ourselves on covering every segment in the growing collector car world. Muscle cars, pre-war gems, resto-mods, entry level cars and outrageous custom machines from across the globe will all be well-represented at our 2008 Scottsdale event. Anyone who thought we couldn’t top last year’s excitement is in for a wild ride.”

First in Line

For the world’s top automotive companies, Barrett-Jackson’s Scottsdale event has become the ultimate stage to display, promote and even sell their newest products. That concept will reach a new level when the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 badge No. 1 (Lot #1331) and a special one-of-one 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR (Lot #1300) are sold at No Reserve in Scottsdale. In addition, the Challenger’s winning bid will benefit Not My Kid, Inc., while the Shelby GT500KR’s proceeds will go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

“Two of the most sought after vehicles from America’s unforgettable muscle car era are back and available only at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale,” noted Jackson. “Thanks to our partners at Ford and Chrysler, we’ll give the KR and the Challenger the ultimate welcome back party and raise money for two worthy charities.”

The Classics

Returning to Scottsdale will be another unprecedented stable of muscle cars, led by a vintage Shelby Mustang from each year that performance legend Carroll Shelby produced his street-ripping 1960’s classics. The highlight of the crop will be Mr. Shelby’s personal 1969 GT500 convertible (Lot #1287), followed by a pristine 1967 GT500 (Lot #1318) originally gifted by Carroll to his son, Mike Shelby.

Bidders with MOPAR muscle on their lists will want to be near the Barrett-Jackson block for Lot #1274, a rare burnt tan metallic 1970 Plymouth Hemi ‘Cuda 2-door hardtop, and Lot #1270.1, a dark green metallic 1969 Dodge Hemi Charger 500 2-door hardtop with less than 1,500 original miles.

One-off concept cars from the ‘50s and ‘60s are an intriguing segment that is once again poised to turn heads. Barrett-Jackson snagged prime examples of these rare classics in the 1963 Pininfarina-bodied Chevrolet Corvette “Rondine” (Lot #1304) and the 1963 Ford Thunderbird “Italien” (Lot #1306). These cars managed to escape the “crusher” that destroyed most concepts and demonstrate a beautiful mixture of American tradition and Italian panache.

Barrett-Jackson has also attracted a world-class collection of pre-war beauties that will parade across the auction block. Underscoring this segment is an immaculate 1933 Duesenberg Dual Cowl Phaeton (Lot #1311), a rare 1935 Rolls Royce Phantom II sport coupe (Lot #1312) and a 1929 Ruxton Prototype Muller front drive roadster (Lot #1313).

“Muscle cars

Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Docket Set for Barrett-Jackson’s Greatest Collector Car Auction Ever

I wouldn't mind seeing that Cadillac there talking about though.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:08 PM

Default RE: Docket Set for Barrett-Jackson’s Greatest Collector Car Auction Ever

This brings up a question...will BJ have a production Challenger roll up onto the podium or the concept? If the debut is in Chicago in Feb. this would trump the show right?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:15 PM

awsure, you bring up an excellent observation. Will they be showing the concept ( as a fill in) at the auction or the real deal?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

I always assumed they would....good question....

Old 12-17-2007, 05:41 AM

I believe that Chrysler stated earlier it owuld one of the first three production cars.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kramtrah

awsure, you bring up an excellent observation. Will they be showing the concept ( as a fill in) at the auction or the real deal?

They will not be showing the production version- probably just the concept car.

The wraps will not come off of the production car until the Feb. Chicago Auto Show.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:20 AM

I heard rom a reliable sorce it will be the numbered #1 car at the Barret auction and #2 on e-bay and #3 at another car auction, if i remember correct the profits will be going to Salvation Army and to United way. So car #'s 1-3 will be action cars I think they may be the ones we seen pic's of on assembaly line but that is just my thought.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:19 AM

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...LotNumber=1331

I just called BJ and the girl did not know if it would be concept or production. I am planning on going Saturday night to see it & will try to sneak some horribly grainy cell pics if they let me!

[8D]
Old 12-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Thanks awsure, anything is better than nothing if it does turn out to be the real deal, if not, well, at least you get to see the fun

Quick Reply: Docket Set for Barrett-Jackson’s Greatest Collector Car Auction Ever