Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   Dodge Challenger not available for Europe (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/dodge-challenger-not-available-europe-1738/)

Paladin06 08-31-2007 08:40 AM

Dodge Challenger not available for Europe

Dodge Challenger not available for Europe
Published by spandrei on Tagged Released

Chrysler’s new owners, Cerberus Capital Management took a sad decision, that the future Dodge Challenger will not be sold on the European automarket, due to the fact that the car will be produced only in a limited edition. This decision will affect also the Challenger fans because many will not have the possibility to buy one.

The Dodge Challenger will be presented in February at the Chicago Auto Show and will be produced later in the same year.

AutoTelegraaf says that if the demand for the new car will increase enough to satisfy Cerberus Capital Management, the new Chrysler owners may consider to deliver the car also in Europe.

[source AutoTelegraaf ]

Paladin06 08-31-2007 08:42 AM

RE: Dodge Challenger not available for Europe

" due to the fact that the car will be produced only in a limited edition"[:@][:@]

Well, there it goes. Only the rich and famous will have this car.[:@]

TechmanBD 08-31-2007 10:20 AM

And for some reason in my mind, it wouldn't be as popular there except for a select few. It seems like this would be a little too big for their streets in a lot of places. I could be wrong.

And look at it this way, more will stay here

awsure 08-31-2007 11:54 AM

You are dead on. A Challenger amongst all those Mini Cooper's and scooters would be a novelty in the U.K. Demand (or lack thereof) dictates a pass on the European market for this car.

Jeremiah 29:11 08-31-2007 02:16 PM

If that is true, it could be very expensive.

cncpt2prod! 08-31-2007 08:24 PM

Limited Edition??? Sounds like a going-out-of-business strategy to me. Well, if the 5.7L manual is over $32K, they can keep it. The Camaro and Mustang are starting to look pretty nice...

Cuda340 09-01-2007 09:47 AM

I am hoping that the "limited edition" comment in Leftlane news only pertained to the 2008 model. If the 2008s sell out, I can't see why Chrysler wouldn't expand production in 2009 to make more profit.

If, however, it will be a true "limited production" model, like the Prowler, there will be two very unhappy groups- those who were forced to pay premium prices and those who were priced out of the market. [:@]

Yankee 09-03-2007 06:13 PM

Yeah I gotta admit I get a little nervous too when I see this "limited edition" talk... this car will not survive solely as a "limited edition".