Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   Finally Pix from the side of the Prod Chally (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/finally-pix-side-prod-chally-2332/)

DSkippy 01-16-2008 08:56 AM

Finally Pix from the side of the Prod Chally

http://jalopnik.com/345562/2008-dodg...+8-undisguised

Looks very good! I'm liking silver more and more

DSkippy 01-16-2008 09:11 AM

RE: Finally Pix from the side of the Prod Chally

Hope they offer a pimp tint as an option...looks much better w/ dark tint...

Justinec101 01-16-2008 10:10 AM

Something is. . . off. I'll have to see it in person. Maybe it's the color. Still looks good from the rear though. Better than ever actually, because it's "real" now.

HeyItsWes 01-16-2008 10:22 AM

I think it looks quite good. It would look better if "Challenger" was written in script and placed on the opposite end of the grille, above the SRT logo though.

DSkippy 01-16-2008 10:43 AM

Justinec101, I think what you're talking about is there is one picture from the side where the green house appears to have an unusually wide black border around it like weather stripping gone awry, at least that was the one picture that made me a little uncomfortable...3/4 profile, from the front and rear is good, just dead on from the side that's what struck me. That's what prompted me to say the pimp tint would make it look better (cover that stuff up in dark tint)

Irregardless (sic), I think it's tight overall.

tdub2112 01-16-2008 10:50 AM

It's whats under the hood that counts.
Bet the guy who got those pictures made a fair amount of money

Axel 01-16-2008 11:20 AM

Tdub, same games that I have, plus a little more. I should say more like the games that my wife and I have since some belong to her like the Mario Party 8, I guess more for the two of us, and Potter, Order of the Phoenix.

Anyway, that back end still dissappoints me. It seemed so much better before they broke it up the way they did and then put that backup light where they did. Just clashes. It was perfect the way it was on the concept, solid all way way across, not hard to do on the surface, just change it underneath, and the reverse lights under that, next to the license plates. The rest of the car is great, but I'm really going to have to fight on weather to get this car just based on that rear. Granted, it does look closer to the old then the concept, but it looks like they took the old and tried to blend it with the concept. It just clashes to me.

Anyone for the Stanger? Not to keen on this Photochop, but figured I would include it.

http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/mycor..._entry65_2.jpg

And then something that is quite painful for most of us. This hurts me.

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/classi...nger.RT.SE.jpg

Paladin06 01-16-2008 11:23 AM

Looks good to me but not in silver/gray..

Looks like the lettering on the hood is raised lettering not decals..

DSkippy 01-16-2008 11:29 AM

You're right about the letters (you can see them in the reflection.

Challengerman 01-16-2008 12:00 PM

I dunno, I think it looks far worse than the concept. Not liking the back end very much and the slpoe they seem to have on the rear trunk from the side angle. Also, it is way shorter/stubby looking than the concept. Kinda like twins but the ugly twin. I do like the front end though. I really want to like it but......

Maybe I will get used to it. Thoughts?

Paladin06 01-16-2008 12:03 PM

Those are not very good pics either. The color sucks and the car is dirty. Just see it in your minds eye :-).. It's perfect..:D:D

jockomikey 01-16-2008 12:05 PM

From the front you can see something in the air intake area (functional flaps?) Doesn't look quite shiny enough to be functional metal butterflies tho...... This car has slotted rotors too.

Justinec101 01-16-2008 12:14 PM

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/200...thumb1280x1280

more like there's too much roof or something...Like the windows need to be an inch taller. . . and all that black around them is a bit weird. Probably just overanalyzing and it'll look fine. Might just be the blah color in the blah weather and a weird angle.

lear4406 01-16-2008 12:25 PM

My be me but... I think the car looks great. They gave us a car we can all be proud of and they did it with alot of the 70s retro look. You won't get it just like the concept, they have too many codes that the car has to meet. Safety is worked into all cars today and you get as close as you can and still meet those codes. We have a nice car, now when you get yours you can add or delete as you see fit. Make the car as you want it to be. I like the stock look and add the ponies under the hood.;)

Yankee 01-16-2008 02:25 PM

Not digging the silver color - don't get me wrong, I don't HATE silver, but I don't love it either. Just don't think silver does the car proper justice.

And are those "headlights" beside the regular lights the parking lights? If so, that's one goofy styling choice. I was hoping for an old fashioned quad headlight setup with separate high/low beam headlights... but guess you can't have everything. :eek:

RoswellGrey 01-16-2008 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: HeyItsWes

I think it looks quite good. It would look better if "Challenger" was written in script and placed on the opposite end of the grille, above the SRT logo though.
Mr. Wes, I've noted before that you indeed ARE a True American. Also, it needs the script Challenger badges on the fenders (ABOVE the bend, as the 1970 model did), the R/T badges on the fenders below the bend and the old-school Chrysler Pentastar logo at the bottom of the fenders. Obviously, a trip to the body shop will be in order before the '09 Challenger comes home.

RoswellGrey 01-16-2008 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Those are not very good pics either. The color sucks and the car is dirty. Just see it in your minds eye :-).. It's perfect..:D:D
You're right, Paladin. It IS perfect. :)

cncpt2prod! 01-16-2008 03:34 PM

After absorbing all the safety regulations into the car, it's close enough to the concept. Beats the heck out of the Mustang and that awful looking Camaro they're coming out with! Just imagine tearing it up with a 6.1L under the hood and manual. :D

mopar2ya 01-16-2008 04:42 PM

Sweet!!

kramtrah 01-16-2008 05:36 PM

the side marker lights both front and rear are now lower than on the concept

stevelegel 01-16-2008 08:15 PM

What about buying reproduction 1970 "Challenger "script trim emblems and 1970 Pentastar badge for front fenders?
Steve

RoswellGrey 01-16-2008 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: stevelegel

What about buying reproduction 1970 "Challenger "script trim emblems and 1970 Pentastar badge for front fenders?
Steve
They're fairly easy to find online. Look for either Challenger restoration parts, Dodge restoration parts or Mopar restoration parts.

DmnBoy 01-17-2008 02:33 PM

And you know that you could make the Challenger script emblem stickybacked and glue it on (like all the other emblems now a days) and end up not blemishing the exterior-I think that & the pentastar on the lower fender will be popular additions via the aftermarket!

dodgedriver 01-17-2008 04:17 PM

Yes I wish they would trash the Ram Head emblem and revive the three prong Dodge badge..

RoswellGrey 01-17-2008 06:33 PM

I prefer the D-O-D-G-E letters. Of course, these are sold for $32 per letter.

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/807EEEA39A8C4813A42D8D93FC80A0F2.jpg[/IMG]

Paladin06 01-18-2008 01:42 AM

Where??

RoswellGrey 01-18-2008 07:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Where??
This is one place that has them. The link is to the beginning of the pages that have various Mopar badges, in case you want to get script Challenger insignia, too. The DODGE letters are on page 3. I might also have to figure out how to put together different HEMI hood insignia to produce a 346 HEMI badge, since this IS America (no metrics for me, thank you) and they don't seem to have the numeral 5 to produce the more correct 345 badge for the R/T version of the new Challenger:

http://www.herbsparts.com/products.asp?cat=14

mac 01-18-2008 07:18 PM

Okay I am looking at my scale model of the concept challenger which I was holding in my hand and looking at the production car pictures. The lights are identical as far as I can see. Did you not like the concept challengers lights?

Cuda340 01-19-2008 02:28 AM

Billett Technolgy has a great selection on MOPAR exterior and interior dress-up parts. See:

http://www.billettechnology.com/BT-Catalog-Ver02b.pdf

(see page 13 of the catalog)

cncpt2prod! 01-19-2008 06:35 AM

What happened to the Challenger logo on the rear side panel?

SRT8Challenger 01-19-2008 06:52 AM

Looks like its gone!
I think it looks better without....

RoswellGrey 01-19-2008 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: cncpt2prod!

What happened to the Challenger logo on the rear side panel?
Fortunately, cooler heads must have prevailed at Dodge, and knowing that I already have to go to a body shop to get my 1970-style insignia installed, saved me a few dollars by not having to have the tacky block-letter logo removed from the side. ;)

nonsensez9 01-21-2008 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Yankee

And are those "headlights" beside the regular lights the parking lights? If so, that's one goofy styling choice. I was hoping for an old fashioned quad headlight setup with separate high/low beam headlights... but guess you can't have everything. :eek:
yep, those appear to be the park/signal lights. I, too, originally thought it was one light for each of high and low beam, but the photo of the R/T clearly shows the amber color.... and no other lights up front except for the fogs. weird

HEMI04 01-25-2008 02:50 PM

how come the orange colored (or is it red) one on the "brochure" it looks like the side view of the headlight is a single projector lense (hid) but the distant shots on the silver look like normal hologen housings!? i should have paid more attention to the info but did they scrap the hid's??? i know they did the 6 shooter inner lights but that was just to "wow" people along with the butterflies.