Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Mopar’s Jones to Appear at Don Schumacher Racing’s Open House Event

Old 08-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar’s Jones to Appear at Don Schumacher Racing’s Open House Event

Mopar’s Jones to Appear at Don Schumacher Racing’s Open House Event

by Misha Geisert, Don Schumacher Racing

CENTER LINE, Mich. -- Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises’ Levi Jones is set to participate in the Don Schumacher Racing open house on Friday, September 1, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST. Race fans will have a front row seat as the team unveils the Matco Tools “Tales of the Rat Fink” Dodge Charger Funny Car, as well as get up an up close look at the 2008 Dodge Challenger Concept vehicle. The Chrysler Firepower and Dodge Sling Shot concept vehicles, along with an open-wheel machine from Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises, will also be on hand.

An autograph session featuring Jones and the entire Don Schumacher Racing lineup (Tony Schumacher, Ron Capps, Gary Scelzi, Mike Ashley, Whit Bazemore, Melanie Troxel, Richie Stevens, Jr., Erica Enders, Antron Brown, Angelle Sampey) as well as other guest drivers will take place from noon to 2 p.m. EST. Guest drivers expected to attend include Team Mopar’s Allen Johnson. Johnson is part of Mopar’s NHRA Pro Stock contingent, while Jones, the 2005 USAC National Sprint Car Series Champion, competes for Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises.

Headlining the entertainment for the Don Schumacher Racing open house will be Chicago’s best cover band, Maggie Speaks. The fabulous foursome of David Calzaretta, Blake Cooper, Shawn Sommer and Samir Varma will appear on Chi-town’s behalf, as their gigs have included the coveted “Taste of Chicago” and Mopar Big Block Party events. Featuring a play list that ranges from AC/DC and Aerosmith, to Nelly and Matchbox 20, partygoers are sure to find their musical tastes covered by Maggie Speaks. The band will play two sets, beginning at 12:30 p.m. EST.

Don Schumacher Racing is located at 1681 East Northfield Drive, Suite A, in Brownsburg, Indiana. The facility will open its doors to the public at 10 a.m. EST. Concluding at 4 p.m. EST, the event will serve as kick-off to the 52nd Annual U.S. Nationals. The NHRA event will be held at O’Reilly Raceway Park August 31–September 4.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.