Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   new literature finds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/new-literature-finds-2837/)

stevelegel 03-20-2008 04:42 AM

new literature finds

Detroit News 3/19/08 red RT on front page
Detroit free Press pg 1D 4D New York Auto Show

Automobile magazine 4/08 SRT on cover

I added to list.
Steve

lear4406 03-20-2008 04:51 PM

RE: new literature finds

If you would... when a real life test of an actual Challenger hits the shelves let us know. I'm really anxious to see a 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. I have been getting some Mags with the Challenger on front and thinking they might have some specs. But they always have a reason they can't take the test. So when they have an actual test I would love to get my hands on that Mag. Thanks in advance.

stevelegel 03-20-2008 05:52 PM

Lear, There will be a ton of magazines with real road tests. They'll be out, I think, May and June issues. That would correspond to the cars being built, sent out on "the circuit" and then written up and given high priority for page layout. Some magazines, like Motor Trend and Automobile, will keep a car for a year, and post updates on it. I don't think they will get STR8's though...just my opinion.
Steve

djb0308 03-21-2008 04:08 AM

I thought Motor Trend, Automobile and HotRod already did a day or 2 test down in Texas. I'ld have to check at home my memory is a little fuzzy first thing Friday AM

WhiteHeat 03-21-2008 05:23 AM

ORIGINAL: djb0308

I thought Motor Trend, Automobile and HotRod already did a day or 2 test down in Texas. I'ld have to check at home my memory is a little fuzzy first thing Friday AM
You're right, djb0308. But if you're thinking of the same test session I'm thinking of it was a rainout. They got to drive the car and gave their impressions, but when it came to numbers they all said they couldn't push it to the limit because of the wet pavement.

djb0308 03-21-2008 06:43 AM

At least my voices were correct;). I would like to see a hard driven type review also. Of course the voices are getting louder, and my toddlers college seems to be dwindiling. Well that is why they have scholorships right?:)

tdub2112 03-21-2008 09:16 AM

Can't wait till my april C&D comes in!

1 Bad Mirada 03-21-2008 12:05 PM

ive spoken to someone who has a heavy amount of seat time in the concept, and he said that the 13.00 1/4 mile time is a joke...

steve, we dont collect literature as much as you do, but I saw a "Mopar" magazine with the challenger on the cover...not sure if you have that or not, but when I thought that I would run it by you, in case you dont have one.

stevelegel 03-21-2008 03:14 PM

Mirada, you are right on cue. I don't post new finds until I have them in hand. I've seen the MOPAR magazine on ebay, but called the toll free number and ordered one at $6.00 delivered compared to bid price plus shipping!!! I don't post finds until I have them in hand. There are a couple I know about but don't yet have, so they are not posted.

NEW FIND!!

MOPAR (all caps) magazine (for service shops)

Cover, index page, editorial, multiple articles of new Challenger and Reader's rides Challengers,

BTW Ebay listings for New York auto show press kits!!!! Did you see the price drop on the Canadian Toronto Auto show brochures????
Steve