Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   NOOO!!! First challenger crash. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/nooo-first-challenger-crash-3166/)

jh27n0b 05-04-2008 05:17 AM

RE: NOOO!!! First challenger crash.

Pretty ironic that the windshield says Tire Rack when it was a bunch of tires that "RACKED" the car.:)
Bob

Billionaire 05-04-2008 05:36 AM

"Don't take the car you'll kill yourselllllf!" Anybody remember that commercial?
Uh Oh, better call Maaco.

I can't tell you how many million billion times a car broke loose and I crashed in Project Gotham Racing 4.
Them sports cars are dangerous, especially at high speed.
The best handling car was probably the Ferrari F430. A real life review of the F430 said that it's the best car ever made.
By the way, I really hate the Nurburgring track. What a pain in the butt it is to drive on.

Yankee 05-04-2008 05:59 AM

Ah come on, guys... a little paint and bondo, it'll buff right out... be good as new in no time ;)

Andre@Edge 05-04-2008 06:48 AM

Painting it alpine white made the whole thing a "no lose" for Dodge. If it won, or placed in the race, people would take notice. If it crashed we would noticed even more.

anthem SS 05-04-2008 07:44 AM

It was bound to happen, I dread the day one of us crashes theirs, THAT will be a very sad day! Just look at it as R&D.

Jeremiah 29:11 05-04-2008 10:39 AM

I do not know how fast or at what angle this car hit, but it does not look "all" that bad.
It is hard to tell how bad it is without looking underneath the hood. Hopefully, it is just a messed up radiator and water pump.

These cars now weight 1000 lbs more than the originals because they are safer and it during these times that we can be thankful
that occupants can walk away from these accidents.

I am thinking if they can get the right parts in time that they should be able to continue. That is called intestinal fortitude and preservance and hopefully they can get back in the race.

73Cuda340 05-04-2008 10:45 AM

Jeremiah,

Hahah, intestinal fortitude? Dude, it took them 2 years after the prototype to actually get some to drive around to shows. Nope. This is Dodge (Cerebus) we are talking about. They're done. Fini, gonzo. off to the masher with this one.

From the looks of it, I think it was caused by glare bouncing off the RAM's head on the hood. I knew they should have removed it.:D

lear4406 05-05-2008 04:23 AM

Well its bound to happen and they more than likely got their moneys worth out of the press coverage. I hate to see it and looked forward to a good show. Who knows... they may fix it and return to fight another day.:D

DSkippy 05-05-2008 06:31 AM

I think it's kind of interesting. I'm a little out there. But seeing one wrecked really makes it a more tangible entity. It seems to make them more real.

How many classic era Muscle Cars have you seen in salvage yards twisted up? It adds a surreal kind of nostalgic before it's even release vibe.