Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   Plum Crazy Color Option (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/plum-crazy-color-option-6961/)

Cuda340 10-17-2009 04:27 AM

Plum Crazy Color Option

Here is the latest on the Plum Crazy color option:

Dodge Challenger goes Plum Crazy Purple for 2010

by Jeremy Korzeniewski (RSS feed) on Oct 16th 2009 at 12:58PM
2010 Dodge Challenger in Plum Crazy - Click above to enlarge

Of the three classic muscle car nameplates currently on sale in the United States, the Dodge Challenger may very well sport the most retro look and feel. Whether or not that's a good thing depends on your personal point of view, but Chrysler seems happy to accept the role and is further promoting the link to Challenger's '70s heritage with a new Plum Crazy Pearl Coat color option for 2010.

In case you're not aware, Plum Crazy was the surprisingly popular deep purple hue found on the Challenger and its stablemate, the Plymouth Barracuda, during the heyday of the American muscle car wars. These days, any car originally painted up in Plum Crazy has an intrinsic value to many collectors, and it seems Dodge is hoping for a similar situation the second time around.

The purple color is only available on R/T (for $225) and SRT models (for $500) for 2010 and the package also includes Plum interior stitching and a Plum seat stripe on the SRT8. Outside, buyers can choose from either Black Dual Wide Stripes or a newly-optional set of stripes in white. Previous High Impact colors Detonator Yellow and B-5 Blue are no longer available for order.

Also new for the Challenger in 2010 is a Super Track Pack option for a reasonable $400 that allows the driver to fully disengage stability control (finally) and adds 245/45ZR20 tires from Goodyear along with an uprated suspension with Load Leveling and Height Control, Performance Steering and heavy-duty disc brakes.

[Source: Allpar, Motor Authority]

For a great photo, see:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/16/d...rple-for-2010/

RoswellGrey 10-17-2009 05:05 AM

Since they're not offering the ever-popular black vinyl top option (as was available in the 1970s), you'd definitely need the stripes. As much as I love Plum Crazy, that would be a LOT of purple without something to break it up.

MaybeChallenger 10-17-2009 09:24 PM

So Detonator Yellow was available for order for a few days ??

Ridge Runner 10-18-2009 06:41 AM

Who knows.Know wonder their sales are in the dumpster.We,the buying public our the last to know.And as usual,when we find out it is too late.Those dumb bells don,t seem to cater to the buyers at all.

Thor77 10-19-2009 08:52 AM

I wonder how many Detonator Yellow were built (if any). There was an awful small window when the high impact colors on the 09, and B5 blue seemed to be much more popular.

MoparJoe 10-20-2009 04:54 AM

Stripes Black or White ?????

Yes would love to know numbers on production on all the colors especially the B5 and Yellow. Have not seen a Yellow one anywhere.

I am thinking of ordering a Plum Crazy but the strip option is black or white. Do you think the white would not hold up as well as the black, get dirty fast etc ?

Also the prices went up some as well.:confused:

RRUNNER 10-20-2009 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Thor77 (Post 72842)
I wonder how many Detonator Yellow were built (if any). There was an awful small window when the high impact colors on the 09, and B5 blue seemed to be much more popular.

Better question, I wonder how many dealer orders there were for Detonator Yellow since it will be a limited edition color? That way, the dealers control the pricing. I can hear it now, with Denonator Yellow Challengers sitting in the show room, "You can't order these anymore, it's limited edition and they are rare." Translation...you are going to pay through the nose if you want one of these.

Ridge Runner 10-21-2009 01:20 PM

You got that right rrunner.A dealer the other day has a 09 B5 Classic and the dork salesman gave me the line that the color was discontinued and not available anymore.I have since found out that that is true but he was trying to use it as a sales pitch.The dork told me that they had the Classic marked up $5000.00 over sticker.They had a SRT8 09 with a $10,000.00 over sticker.If they would at least deal at sticker I would probably sit down with them,but I won,t play their games,sides it was a auto.(yuck).

RoswellGrey 10-21-2009 02:33 PM

It's amazing that -- especially after everything Chrysler has been through in the past half-year or so -- that the few remaining dealerships are still playing games. Of course, even after the president of GM promised that the Camaro wouldn't be sold for more than MSRP, that apparently is happening with those cars. If there's going to be anything that kills off Chrysler and GM, it's going to be the dealerships.

Thor77 10-22-2009 07:34 AM

Nobody overpay for "out of production" colors.

I did some web searching, and it looks like B5 Blue will be extended into 2010, with Detonator Yellow available after that, and Plum crazy 4th quarter.

Here's a cut and paste of the press release. I found it on Red Letter Dodge, although I think I've seen it in a couple places:

"B5 Blue will be extended beyond the 2009 model year and will be offered into the fall of this year on 2010 models. Following B5 Blue, Detonator Yellow will be offered on both R/T Classic and SRT8®. If you are looking for your Challenger in either B5 Blue or Detonator Yellow, get your order in today!

The next color to be introduced is one many of you have been waiting for – Plum Crazy, with a tentative production start date in the fourth quarter.

We are still cooking up plans to introduce one more color for the 2010 model year. If we can make it happen, the introduction will be in the Spring of the 2010 calendar year."

Source: http://www.redletterdodge.com/2009/0...impact-colors/