Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   Saleen Challenger (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/saleen-challenger-5678/)

blackblurr 12-28-2008 01:53 PM

Saleen Challenger

SMS now does some Challenger mods hmmmmmmmmmmm 500-700 hp thats SICK lol Make sure & click on the super charger link to see pics of the engine.

http://www.smslimitedusa.com/570.html

brentmannrt09 12-28-2008 07:45 PM

RE: Saleen Challenger

Very cool the Supercharger is a slick looking piece! Be cool to do that without the bling and have a real sleeper!

BLK 6050 12-28-2008 08:51 PM

The drawing looks nice, but I would like to see a real picture of the Challenger, not just a drawing....

blackblurr 12-29-2008 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

The drawing looks nice, but I would like to see a real picture of the Challenger, not just a drawing....
I agree i want to see the real deal. I'm sure it will look as good as the other cars Saleen has done. I only wish i had the bux for an S-7 lol

trev 12-29-2008 06:02 PM

wonder what they got lined up for a 6.1

epegasus 12-30-2008 03:38 AM

I called them yesterday and they quoted me $7k for the complete super-charger kit for the 6.1 shipped to my door. They did offer me a $500 introductory discount good thru the end of 01/09, but $6,500 just for the blower is a tad rich for 6lbs. of boost. The Dyno sheet showed a 149 RWHP gain. I figure that's $8k installed (you definitely want to have it professionally install incase a warranty issue pops up). It's completely self contained with intercoolers, low rpm by-pass (which should make the Turbo fans a little nervous), injectors, highly efficient twin screw configuration, and long runners should add some low-end torque.

From what I can see they designed a pretty cool system by simply flipping the blower upside-down. That helps place the bulky section down closer to the engine for a low profile stance. It also gave them a lot of flexibility because the arrangement and size of the runners could be adjusted to make it fit under most hoods. Incorporating the intercoolers is a really nice touch considering how much extra time, labor and cash it takes to add them to current systems. Maybe $6,500 isn't such a bad price, after-all...

canadiancanuck 12-30-2008 08:34 AM

wow... nice package, car looks pretty impressive. I have to say I was a big turbo guy in the past, but felt that turbo's belong on imports usually 4cyl. engines, and SC's belong on domestics usually bigblocks.

Nice design, clean and proven which is cool. Hats off to whomever runs that package.

blackblurr 12-30-2008 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

I called them yesterday and they quoted me $7k for the complete super-charger kit for the 6.1 shipped to my door. They did offer me a $500 introductory discount good thru the end of 01/09, but $6,500 just for the blower is a tad rich for 6lbs. of boost. The Dyno sheet showed a 149 RWHP gain. I figure that's $8k installed (you definitely want to have it professionally install incase a warranty issue pops up). It's completely self contained with intercoolers, low rpm by-pass (which should make the Turbo fans a little nervous), injectors, highly efficient twin screw configuration, and long runners should add some low-end torque.

From what I can see they designed a pretty cool system by simply flipping the blower upside-down. That helps place the bulky section down closer to the engine for a low profile stance. It also gave them a lot of flexibility because the arrangement and size of the runners could be adjusted to make it fit under most hoods. Incorporating the intercoolers is a really nice touch considering how much extra time, labor and cash it takes to add them to current systems. Maybe $6,500 isn't such a bad price, after-all...
Lets see at 8k total thats about $53.69 per hp (149 hp) gain lol now if they sold HP that way how much would it be worth & how much would we all buy hmmmmmmmmmmm? lol

Are you considering buying it epegasus? If you do i would like to know how it performs.

epegasus 12-30-2008 04:21 PM

It is tempting. My original plan was to leave the car completely stock. Everything I get I start modding the crap out of them. This one was...IS suppose to be different. NO, NO, NO it will void my warranty!!! But if Chrysler goes belly up NO WARRANTY ANYWAY!!

I'll give it a few months and then reconsider. Technically, the Eleanor priject still isn't finished and that one has gotten completely out of control.

So no...

Not yet, anyways.

Maybe. Definitely, maybe.