Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger R/T (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/)
-   -   6SPDHEMI vs. WS6 (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/6spdhemi-vs-ws6-5908/)

6SPDHEMI 01-26-2009 01:04 PM

6SPDHEMI vs. WS6

Well I had my first official street race in the Challenger today. I was cruising along on a normal 45 mph road when I heard this car fly past me. It was a WS6 Trans Am and it sounded awesome. I was about to make a right turn but I saw him stop for the yellow light and figured "what the heck". I pulled up and waited for the green left turn arrow to turn to yellow and tacked up to 3500rpms. He did the same and HOW! All I could hear was his exhaust! I should have turned the traction control off but left it on since the roads around here are not the greatest right now. The light changed and I dumped it and the wheels spun but that choppy spin I hate that! He took me a bit off the line but I hit 2nd and caught him and just passed when I hit 3rd. I looked at the speedo real quick and realized we were over 100 mph and the police station was about a 1/2 mile away so I got off it but boy was that fun!

bigdaddywiz 01-29-2009 06:59 PM

RE: 6SPDHEMI vs. WS6

nice! the street cred for the R/T is slowly growing! i take it his was a manual as well?

Rench 01-30-2009 07:26 AM

The WS6 is the car that got me into cars! Not that I ever had one, but drooled over them all through college. All I wanted was 350 horse and a 13.1 1/4. Looks like I got one better. :D

My neighbor has one, an 01 or 02, that's got like 3500 miles on it total. Might have to drag him out this spring to independently test your race. [sm=gears.gif]

-Rench

BkChallenger09R/T 01-30-2009 04:09 PM

I pulled up to the light on our 4 lane bypass the other day . A guy with a older chevy S-10 with a 350 I belive in it . wide tire's on the rear and stickers in the rear window from speed parts. And big tach on the dash . It was sounding off like a healthy small block . He reved it a few time's shaking his truck . I turned the ESP completely off . Side stepped the clutch at about 1400 rpm . Enough that the tires squaled good for a few feet . He was next to me till I hit 2nd and then bye bye Chevy. Not sure what I got up to but was doing 80 after letting off of it. The truck didn't pass me till after I turned off. Not looking for a race . But couldn't resist.

lear4406 02-03-2009 07:29 AM

Nicccce. I hate to say it but we have to make up for 30 years of off time. Way to represent. These R/Ts are for real and the street is just now getting a big taste;) I have sent a few home with a new found respect for 2008-2009 Challengers. And I have not modded yet:)

bigdaddywiz 02-03-2009 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Nicccce. I hate to say it but we have to make up for 30 years of off time. Way to represent. These R/Ts are for real and the street is just now getting a big taste;) I have sent a few home with a new found respect for 2008-2009 Challengers. And I have not modded yet:)
you have an R/T lear? and anyone else with kill stories with a stock R/T? i love hearin 'em cause then i know what my car will do!

Riptide 02-03-2009 10:59 AM

WS6s are no joke especially with some bolt on mods. Cam'd alone I've heard upper 300s.

Yankee 02-03-2009 12:08 PM

About a month ago I did 2 runs at 60-120mph against a 2001 6-speed WS6 T/A, bone stock with 120K on it. Starting in 3rd gear, we were neck and neck, but when I had to go into 4th, he actually started pulling away from me slightly both times. We both shut it down at around 120, by that time he was abut a car and a half length ahead of me. Later on we stopped and chatted - I was sure he'd modded his engine, but he claimed it was totally stock.

I've had 3 LS1s, and they are really something. Plus the T/A was a bit more aerodynamic than the Challenger, not to mention about 700-800 lbs lighter. Interesting race, though.

Iron Chef 02-03-2009 08:45 PM

Great example of how really fast this car will get up to speed:

I was on the highway heading north from Houston to Dallas last weekend, doing about 70, just cruising along. Up beside me comes a white BMW 3-series something or other. Ball-cap-on-backwards kid with the girl wearing reeeeaaallly bad "Jackie O" type sunglasses. I didn't notice at first, but then he's next to me making his car lurch forward. No traffic, no nothing, so I downshifted and hammered it. Next thing I know, I'm going about 125 and the Polo shirt model and his wundercar are waaaaayyyyy the hell back there. I brought it back down to 75 again, but he never came close to me after that.

America Uber Alles. :D

lear4406 02-04-2009 05:55 AM

Yes bigdaddy (that sounds kinda funny) I have an R/T 6-speed. I have run a GTO and a few Mustangs. Also a few sport utes that are remembering the old days of the dinosaurs. And a Toyota Tundra that needed an education in mass transit:D I did get my butt handed to me by a SRT-8 Magnum. I chose the wrong gear and he walked me by 2 cars. I'll be at Charlotte in April for the Pinks meet. I'll see what she'll do in the quarter and post my results.