Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger R/T (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/)
-   -   B5 Blue Clasic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/b5-blue-clasic-6148/)

af_one 02-25-2009 03:09 PM

B5 Blue Clasic

I just received my VON for a B5 RT Classicgott the triple play incentive price locked!! Can anyone confirm whether the B5 blue will be the Petty Blue, or dofferent?

kevin2323 02-25-2009 03:29 PM

RE: B5 Blue Clasic

no confirmation yet....but it will probably look like the 08 charger b5 blue

BkChallenger09R/T 02-25-2009 04:47 PM

There is only one blue for the Challenger as far as I know. I saw a R/T yesterday in the Blue on the lot. It is a deeper blue than Petty's car I think . But not bad looking.

jockomikey 02-25-2009 04:53 PM

B5 Blue...

[IMG]local://upfiles/404/C9DC0702E2404756A4EA557204A72F64.jpg[/IMG]

clasko10 02-26-2009 06:41 AM

That's the first picture I have seen with B5 blue. It looks really good. Is that a red and white stripe on the side?

DarkCorner 02-26-2009 07:11 AM

The B5 is lighter then the Deep Water Blue that has been out for a while. I thought the B5 was going to have the shaker hood. or was that another model?

mot250 02-26-2009 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: clasko10

That's the first picture I have seen with B5 blue. It looks really good. Is that a red and white stripe on the side?
That is the Petty SRT givaway car. I've been looking for a picture of it but had only seen artist renderings.

BkChallenger09R/T 02-26-2009 08:10 PM

It must have been the deep water blue I saw . I didn't look to see what the window sticker said.

MoMopar 02-27-2009 10:44 AM

The B5 Blue Pearl is the same color offered on the Charger Super Bee packages, you can see it on dodge.com if you look up Chargers. It will be offered in a T/A package with seperate 20" wheels, a T/A decal down the side like the old ones, an optional hood scoop (not a shaker), and I also believe the "T" handle shifter will be standard.

Ridge Runner 02-27-2009 12:45 PM

MoMopar,is the T/A pkg.gonna be offered on the Challenger,or are you just talkin about the Charger?

JohnnyJet 03-01-2009 07:24 AM

B5 blue is and was the metallic blue MoPar offered. Its a medium blue, Petty blue or B3 blue is a lighter blue non-metallic that is not offered on the current Challenger. The challenger classic in the brochure is B5 blue.

rickerda 03-01-2009 09:39 AM

A B5 Charger Super Bee
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...T/P1030736.jpg

JohnnyJet 03-01-2009 11:45 AM

Whens the next batch of colors due out? Plum crazy I hear is next, then sublime. anyone know when.

MFIllini5 03-02-2009 10:57 PM

Ok, I'm confused. Johnny Jet is saying that B5 blue is a medium blue and that Petty / B3 blue is a lighter, non-metallic blue. In the various pictures I have, the Charger Super Bee looks lighter and non-metallic, but the Petty car looks medium and metallic. Is everyone really sure that the Charger Super Bee is B5 (or at least the same B5 as will be used on the Classic R/T)? I have one on order so I need to know asap.

jockomikey 03-02-2009 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: MFIllini5

Ok, I'm confused. Johnny Jet is saying that B5 blue is a medium blue and that Petty / B3 blue is a lighter, non-metallic blue. In the various pictures I have, the Charger Super Bee looks lighter and non-metallic, but the Petty car looks medium and metallic. Is everyone really sure that the Charger Super Bee is B5 (or at least the same B5 as will be used on the Classic R/T)? I have one on order so I need to know asap.
The Charger above is B5 Blue (Jonnny Jets Pic). The pic of the Petty give away Challenger is also B5 Blue. They are both very Metallic (pearl actually). It just looks different under different lighting conditions. If you look at the new Hemi Orange Challenger under different light it sometimes looks very pearl, other times almost red and sometimes all orange. It's just the lighting. B3 is the non pearl that was used in the 70's...

jockomikey 03-02-2009 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mot250

ORIGINAL: clasko10

That is the Petty SRT givaway car. I've been looking for a picture of it but had only seen artist renderings.

Google it. They have alot of pictures of the Petty giveaway...

Another picture....

[IMG]local://upfiles/404/A7A3E9D6D6054A92ACAA894D275215FA.jpg[/IMG]

JohnnyJet 03-03-2009 09:48 AM

Th petty give away car Challenger 43 was painted B5 blue...not petty blue. Google petty blue and youll see. The actual car was painted the same color as the CHARGER super bee

jdb840 03-03-2009 09:56 AM

Those cars pictured above are B5 blue. Depending on the light it will make it seem lighter or darker. My challenger below was painted a little lighter than B5. In the sunlight it is really bright blue, and vice versa in the shade.

My dad just ordered the rt classic in B5 on saturday. The TA hood isn't as option on the car, it has to be ordered through the parts dept. Also the T handle only comes on the Auto trans. He was able to get the R/T side stripe in black, and also get the "crager looking rims"

MFIllini5 03-03-2009 11:08 AM

I now have information that says that the 2008 Dodge Charger Super Bee is both B5 Blue Pearl and Surf Blue Pearl.

If you click on the blue car on this page, the caption at the bottom of the photo says Surf Blue Pearl:
http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/charger/gallery/

If you click on SRT8 Super Bee on this page, the caption at the side says B5 Blue Pearl:
http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/charger/exterior/style/

At the bottom of this page, it says that B5 and Surf Blue Pearl are one and the same:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Super_Bee

They can't be one and the same though, look at the top and bottom of Page 4 of this document:
http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/sh..._ColorBook.pdf

So which is it? Are you all sure the 2008 Charger Super Bee is not Surf Blue Pearl?

Also, I think the 2008 Petty Challenger is B5 Blue Pearl. The original Petty Blue must have been B3.

MFIllini5 03-03-2009 08:53 PM

I want to believe you all that the Challenger Classic will really be B5 and that the Charger Super Bee and Petty Challenger are B5 too and that the color just fluctuates in the light. However Surf Blue Pearl (PQD) and Electric Blue Pearl (PB5) are 2 entirely different colors, but yet the Dodge website says that the Super Bee Charger from 2008 is Surf Blue Pearl on one page and B5 on another. Therefore based on all the pictures I have, I think the Super Bee is actually Surf Blue Pearl. It just looks more dull. I think the Classic Challenger will truly be PB5 (B5). Can anyone do further research? Who can I contact at Dodge? My dealer isn't being much help. He's just saying that the Challenger Classic I have on order as of Saturday will not be "Smurf Blue" (haha) as he has seen on a Caliber. But he also said the Challenger will match the Super Bee. I'm going insane trying to confirm that the Super Bee is a different color, but Dodge's own website and others are giving me ammunition to try and prove something is wrong here. I want my Classic Challenger to have a darker, deeper, metallic blue than some of the Charger Super Bee pictures I have.

Ridge Runner 03-04-2009 07:57 AM

I hear ya mfillINI5,the last thing you want to happen is that when this car shows up is that it is not the shade you prefer,whether it is B-5 blue or not.I would make every effort you can to find out before your time runs out,so you can change the color if you have too.[&:]

4406pak 03-04-2009 04:59 PM

The link below shows the color code on the challenger as Blue pearl PDQ. If you look at the caliber it also shows PDQ as the code for surf blue. I do not know if surf blue is the same as the Charger B5 super bee. It is hard to tell if they are not side by side as both colors change from different angles. I have been told by numerous people it will be the same as the charger. One thing is for sure the color code is PDQ.

http://www2.arifleet.com/news/production.htm

MFIllini5 03-05-2009 06:25 AM

I can't believe it. After calling the 1-800 Dodge number several times and talking to my dealer several times, I finally had the 1-800 guy call the dealer and get the 3-letter code. It is PQD. The dealer is a good dealer I think, but he was not understanding how concerned I was with the color. Anyway, PQD is Surf Blue Pearl. The Charger Super Bee is the same color. So apparently Dodge is calling Surf Blue Pearl the new B5. So B5 is not the B5 from the 70s.

Ridge Runner 03-05-2009 03:53 PM

That does,t surprise me in the least.[:o] They come out talkin nostalgic,but tried to pull a con.[:o]

MFIllini5 03-05-2009 04:19 PM

The only additional info I have I heard from another dealer today. Don't know if it is true or not, but he claims the Challenger will have a darker basecoat than, for example, a Dodge Caliber in Surf Blue Pearl, so this should make the blue darker on the Challenger, more like the brochure. Who knows.

JohnnyJet 03-05-2009 06:24 PM

its the super bee blue that is pictured in this thread

MFIllini5 03-06-2009 10:26 PM

Compare PQD Surf Blue Pearl to PBC Viper Bright Blue Pearl in this brochure:
http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/sh..._ColorBook.pdf
They are similar, but if anything PQD is lighter.

Then look at this Dodge dealer brochure:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...sQ5fLiterature
Surf Blue Pearl is listed as Surf Blue Pearl / B-5 Blue (so confirmation these are now one and the same color). However, that color does not look like Surf Blue Pearl anymore. Instead, it is a few shades darker than the PBC Viper Blue Metallic. It also appears to be a closer match to the color shown in the Dodge Challenger brochure we all have or have seen. If this is the Challenger Classic color I am happy!

RoswellGrey 03-07-2009 04:03 AM

I didn't realize it till I saw the Dodge color chart but most of the colors offered are pretty boring. They really DO need to bring back the 1970 color selection.

Albeeno 03-10-2009 10:00 AM

Why they can't simply offer Plum Crazy Purple is beyond me.

KyChallengerR/T6spd 03-14-2009 03:33 PM

I was wrong

Originally Posted by BkChallenger09R/T (Post 68173)
There is only one blue for the Challenger as far as I know. I saw a R/T yesterday in the Blue on the lot. It is a deeper blue than Petty's car I think . But not bad looking.

Guess there are more than one blue. Sorry

lubepimp 03-16-2009 04:31 AM

I just checked the VinWIN application on the Challenger registry and it calls the color Surf Blue Pearl Coat.

12 more days and I'll post a picture!

MFIllini5 03-18-2009 05:53 AM

I look forward to the picture!!!

Thor77 03-18-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Albeeno (Post 68806)
Why they can't simply offer Plum Crazy Purple is beyond me.

Amen! I posted about that in another thread, and someone said that Plum Crazy and SubLime are coming in '10. That would be great if true.

jdb840 03-18-2009 08:12 AM

lubepimp

Are you receiving yours in 12 days? From what the dealer told my dad about his order, that they weren't going to start building until April. I know he put the actual order in on Feb 27th.

I also didn't realize all of the different colors that are referred to as B5 blue. They all look the same to me.

MaryAnn 03-23-2009 05:16 PM

Took my Son to the Dealer I bought my Challenger at, and they had an 08 Charger Super Bee in the show room. B5 Blue, the salesman told me it was the same blue to be used on the Challenger. Really cool color IMO! But Im still really happy with my TORED one. :)