Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Now thats what I'm talking about...

Old 11-15-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now thats what I'm talking about...

I had the resonators (ones on the back with the tips bolted to them) removed and straight pipes put in place with the tips bolted back like stock. Welllll thats the sound you want. At 2000 rpms this car has a growl that can be heard for miles. And the sound it makes between shifts is so cool. I would advise anyone who wants a deeper sound and that true muscle car roar to do this. For $75.00 its the best mod yet.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a bolt on mod or did you have a shop weld these in? Also, did you change the factory mufflers when you did it?

I have a 2009 RT with a manual 6 speed, I am interested in getting more HP out of.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:38 PM

The muffler shop cut off the resonators and unbolted the chrome tips. They then put straight pipes in place of the resonators and added the chrome tips. It has that stock look and a rumble of old muscle to boot. I really like the sound and it is louder and has a drone above 2200 rpm. But while cruising in 6th at 70-80 mph you don't notice any droneat all. I did this for under $80.00.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:33 AM

How does this affect the warranty ?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:21 PM

I would think that it does not affect warranty. The resonators are there to tone the noise down. By going to a straight pipe in place of the resonator adds no performance gain. So no harm no foul. But gutting the cats or adding sraight pipe in their place would be a nice gain in perfromance. And just might get you in trouble with your green meanies (emissions lawdogs). But my middle name is trouble. LOL
Old 03-03-2010, 05:50 AM

Default what a growl

I have a 2010 RT 6 speed,had resonators at back removed yesterday for $90, they did a great job even put the adjustable bells back on for the chrome tips. This thing is really loud now, surprized me. The muffler shop said theses were mufflers and the resonators were the ones up front? Felt a diference in power tho hope it doesn't hurt my gas milage, awesome milage from this thing 25-27 on flat freeway.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:41 AM

Nice job. Yeah it is a bit louder as you go to full throttle. I had the ones at the back removed and just assumed they were the resonators. It sounds rumbly at part throttle and hells bells at full throttle. Have fun in your R/T and let them pipes talk. As far as gas milage... only because I can hear it now, my foot is in it more.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by lear4406
I would think that it does not affect warranty. The resonators are there to tone the noise down. By going to a straight pipe in place of the resonator adds no performance gain. So no harm no foul. But gutting the cats or adding sraight pipe in their place would be a nice gain in perfromance. And just might get you in trouble with your green meanies (emissions lawdogs). But my middle name is trouble. LOL
Not according to the SRT engineers. They stated in the last Chat Session that the Hemi engines like a little backpressure.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 AM

I'll find out this week end at Z-Max if its picked up a little more pony power. I feel the addition of the Air Hammer it would need a little more flow in the exhaust to get the best results. Also with the 93 oct. tune on the diablo it should help there too. I'll let ya'll know.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:23 AM

I've been kicking this idea around. Will it make a big difference inside the car? I kind of like the quiet inside and the good exhaust note outside.

Quick Reply: Now thats what I'm talking about...