Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger R/T (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/)
-   -   HSA Turned off on my 6 speed (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/hsa-turned-off-my-6-speed-6069/)

BkChallenger09R/T 02-16-2009 05:24 PM

HSA Turned off on my 6 speed

After reading the owner manual . Not sure if I did it just right . But the HSA is turned off. The HSA was almost as much a pain in the Butt as the skip shift 1st to 4th deal. If they designed it so you could turn it off . Why didn't they just add a button to do that . It might be handy once and a while when someone pulls up within a few inch's of your rear . As some idot's do . My wife is bad about doing that . No matter how much I tell her not to do that when I'm with her in the 300. I don't have the EVC so I don't know how hard or easy it is to turn it on or off with that. Something like a line lock from the factory would have been nice at the Drag Strip. And she asked why I got the 6 speed . And not a automatic so she could drive it.

Yankee 02-16-2009 05:52 PM

RE: HSA Turned off on my 6 speed

The hill-holder feature never bothered me (I frankly wonder why it seems to bother so many people) - I don't personally need it, but I leave it on in case the wife ever drives the car.

lear4406 02-17-2009 02:57 AM

To me it was quite annoying. When I expect the car to be mobile and it holds. it takes away all my timing. I also drive an 88 Conquest with a 5-speed and a 91 Stealth with a 5-speed. I don't want to get into a habit and be expecting it when driving one of my other cars. I have to get adjusted to each one as to pedal travel anyways. I sure don't need another thing to have to adjust to. It would be helpful to those taught on such a system... but for me it was a hinderence. I do like the stability control, as it has saved my hide a few times:D The nannies are what they are. And some will be liked by some and disliked by others. I'm just glad you can turn them on and off... even if it is a process.

tskatz 02-17-2009 04:04 AM

Mine is still on but I feel it might cause premature clutch wear. I think it may cause additional fuel usage due to the fact that it seems like I have to rev the car to a higher RPM to get it rolling.

BkChallenger09R/T 02-17-2009 01:02 PM

Maybe mine and others are over sensitive . How does it measure the grade of the hill . A sort of level like mercury in a thermostat . Maybe it wasn't level to start with . Any way I can't count the time's I was on a little hill at a stop light . Let out on the clutch with some RPM . And the engine felt like someone dropped anchor at 40 mph. And for some reason it does feel like the car rolls much quicker from a dead stop now. I had a friend check the engine for movement with the parking brake on . And letting out the clutch in 1st gear today. He said the engine moved more when I started it . I was worried I might have broke a motor mount with the HSA holding the car when I tired to take off so many time's.