Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger R/T (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/)
-   -   New R/T Classic How long to get one ? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/new-r-t-classic-how-long-get-one-6376/)

MoparJoe 04-04-2009 11:46 AM

New R/T Classic How long to get one ?

Hello out there in cyberspace. I ordered an 09, Classic R/T in January of this year and still the car has not left BX status at the factory. Since spring is here and warmth is in the air, I am chomping at the bit to drive down the road in a new 6 speed. Has anyone else out there been waiting a long time as well for the new Classic Heritage edition of this vehicle ?
I am just worried that since Chrysler is in financial straits that maybe they might not build these puppies. or the dealer may get a lower allocation and sell mine form under me for more money. Am I being too paranoid ?:confused:

jjsipes 04-06-2009 12:02 PM

Called the dealer where I ordered a B5 Blue Classic R/T back on 2/26/09 on Friday and they said that has a build date and that it is scheduled to be at the dealer the 3rd week of April. Can't wait.

MoparJoe 04-07-2009 09:15 AM

Cool. My salesman is off till Wednesday. I will let you know about mine then. What options did you order it with ?

jjsipes 04-08-2009 04:11 AM

Just got the B5 Blue Classic with auto and sound group. Don't like sun roofs. Had a '04 Dodge Stratus with a sun roof and only opended maybe 6 times in the 5 years of owning it. Most of that was when I was waxing the car.

On a sidenote I was going to trade in my Stratus with only 39,000 miles on it, looked new yet, and they only offered me $5,300. I kinda laughed at them. Sold it it on my own and got $8,000 which is right at NADA/Blue book.

Capt.Ron 04-08-2009 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by jjsipes (Post 69940)
On a sidenote I was going to trade in my Stratus with only 39,000 miles on it, looked new yet, and they only offered me $5,300. I kinda laughed at them. Sold it it on my own and got $8,000 which is right at NADA/Blue book.

Smart move!!!
Never do a trade in....you'll get screwed "MOST" every time.
the salesman will jockey those numbers around so much that before you know it you really have no idea what the car is really costing you.

brentmannrt09 04-08-2009 11:42 AM

Post pix of the B5 Blue Please!

jjsipes 04-08-2009 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is all I have found for a real B5 Blue Classic R/T. The original caption claimed that it is the first one off the assembly line. :cool::cool::cool::cool: I can't wait for mine to come.

Albeeno 04-10-2009 12:38 PM

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by jjsipes (Post 70005)
This is all I have found for a real B5 Blue Classic R/T. The original caption claimed that it is the first one off the assembly line. :cool::cool::cool::cool: I can't wait for mine to come.

MoparJoe 04-10-2009 04:21 PM

I was told they are being built now, the B5 blue ones, and mine is scheduled to be shipped. 4/28/09. I ordered a 6 Speed with all options except the high intensity headlights. I hate when they are coming at me at night, very annoying to say the least. I don't want to be a jerk and blind others as well.
I ordered the sun roof, even though I do not use the one in my Jeep much at all, but I thought that would possibly be a rare option as the years roll by. Let me know when you get yours, would love to hear how you like it.

FAD1 04-11-2009 07:12 PM

Let me get this straight. The Challenger Classic package is basically new colors and stripes right ?

MoparJoe 04-12-2009 05:52 AM

New limited colors, stripes, wheels, hood and slightly different badgeing.

DroopyDog 04-12-2009 07:53 AM

Hello everyone. New to the Challenger forum. I tried yesterday to order a R/T Classic in Detonator Yellow knowing that the color is late availabilty but it also said orders were on restriction? Anyone understand what's going on? I assume yellow will probably the the last run for the year. Thanks

JJMPB 04-12-2009 08:44 AM

that yellow should look wild on a challenger

Ridge Runner 04-12-2009 03:33 PM

I too have been thinkin of the yellow.But I think it depends what shade yellow it is.If it is the same shade as the Rumble Bee,I want no parts of it. Some shades of the same color makes a world of difference.Has any one seen the detonator yellow?

DroopyDog 04-12-2009 05:33 PM

It's the same yellow that comes on the Ram. A police officer on the forum has a Detonator Yellow Ram in the photo gallery. I had two Rumblebees and would not have that shade of yellow again. Detonator is a lighter/brighter yellow. It's pretty cool looking.......... Whoops! Sorry, wrong forum. The yellow Ram is on the Dodgeforum.com site. (4thGEN) It's tough getting old, I think?

jjsipes 04-13-2009 05:17 AM

Denonator Yellow

I believe the Denonator Yellow is only going to be offered on the SRT8 and not on the Classic. The yellow should be the same color as on the 07 Charger Superbee which was brighter than the Rumble Bees. The yellow on the rumble bees was a regualr prodction color I believe.

Ridge Runner 04-13-2009 05:27 PM

The Dodge website says it is offered on both.

DroopyDog 04-13-2009 06:17 PM

Thanks Ridge Runner. Your right. The website shows both R/T and SRT8.

MoparJoe 04-14-2009 05:11 AM

Darn, and I already ordered my B5 Blue. I thought that would be the rarer coloer. :(
I saw the yellow on the web site it looks very cool and stands out.:p
I guess I will be happy with whatever they build considering the state of the economy.
I wonder what happens with the warranties if they go Bankrupt ?:rolleyes:

Ridge Runner 04-14-2009 06:18 AM

Depending how far your order is in the system,you can make changes up to a certain point. I ordered a new truck in 98 and changed the color weeks after the order.I caught it in the nick of time.

Thor77 04-15-2009 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by MoparJoe (Post 70160)
New limited colors, stripes, wheels, hood and slightly different badgeing.

I'm up on the colors, stripes, wheels, and badges, but hadn't been aware of a different hood. I looked on the Dodge.com site, and it does list "fully functional" air inlets in the performance hoood. Now is this just making the non-functional ducts in the R/T hood into the same functional-for-letting-some-cool-air-under-the-hood-but-not-directly-feeding-the-engine ducts as the normal SRT?

Dodge implies, but does not state, that they feed the intake:

"Working with high-flow cylinder heads and special exhaust headers, the fully functional air-inlet ducts help increase engine breathing and enhance Challenger’s performance."

Which would be cool if true.

BLK 6050 04-15-2009 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Thor77 (Post 70280)
I'm up on the colors, stripes, wheels, and badges, but hadn't been aware of a different hood. I looked on the Dodge.com site, and it does list "fully functional" air inlets in the performance hoood. Now is this just making the non-functional ducts in the R/T hood into the same functional-for-letting-some-cool-air-under-the-hood-but-not-directly-feeding-the-engine ducts as the normal SRT?

Dodge implies, but does not state, that they feed the intake:

"Working with high-flow cylinder heads and special exhaust headers, the fully functional air-inlet ducts help increase engine breathing and enhance Challenger’s performance."

Which would be cool if true.

"They are fully functional....they fill the two holes on the hood"
(As far as being "really" fully functional...they never have been, and I don't see it changing with the standard hood in the future...looks like the only way to get a truly functional "ram air" would be to go with the TA type or some after market hood)

MoparJoe 04-20-2009 01:17 PM

Functionality of Hood on classic

:p I was told by the local dealer, that it is not Ram Air functional, but it allows air into the engine compartment for cooling etc. Not blocked off as in the current Challenger hoods.
BTW I was told mine is being shipped 4/28, has vin# now. :D
Saw a 6 cylinder Titanium color at local Mopar show this weekend and that is a very cool color. Not as dull looking as in the brochure.

jdb840 04-20-2009 01:34 PM

My dad's is supposed to be shipped on 4/29. I think I'm just as excited to see it as he is. He just got the vin # today.

jjsipes 04-21-2009 04:14 AM

I see 2 B5 Blue Classics on ebay. So the rest shouldn't be to far out. :cool: I was told mine will be in within the week. Can't wait.;)

MoparJoe 04-27-2009 01:52 PM

Anyone get their Classic R/T yet ?

:confused: Just curious, since my dealer said they should be shipping this week and next. :p

B5Blue 04-29-2009 06:17 AM

Just took delivery (04/24/09) of a B5 Blue Classic RT 6 Spd. After owning many nice cars over the past 20 years this one gets much more attention than any I have owned!!

jjsipes 04-30-2009 02:21 PM

Just got my B5 Blue Challenger today and love it. :D Need to clean it up though. Dealer didn't do so hot. :(

05flhtcse 04-30-2009 03:29 PM

With the latest news from Chrysler, It doesn't look like the Detonator Yellow ones will happen in 09. If at all.

Ridge Runner 05-01-2009 06:32 AM

It looks like Classics on order,and all Challengers on order might be doomed for now as well.So all of you with your cars congrats,cause the rest of us are probably screwed now.

MoparJoe 05-01-2009 04:42 PM

My Challenger was in J status. Built but not shipped. Me screwed too ?:eek:

cres171 05-08-2009 05:26 AM

Just saw a B5 Blue R/T classic on car lot. ($37K) Wasn't sure if I would like the color when seeing it in a magazine but when I saw it in person with the black stripes I fell in luv. I have a Torid red R/T and I got a "little" jealous. The wheels on the Classic are very Shhweet too!! Thinking about putting old style cragers on my R/T. Cant imagine this car being on the lot too long and dealer will probably get the sticker price. BEAUTIFUL CAR!!