Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger R/T (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/)
-   -   seems slow here.... (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/seems-slow-here-6499/)

bigdaddywiz 05-02-2009 05:15 AM

seems slow here....

any more racing going on with our two board "rivals"? 10seconddodge and germansheperd? we want more battle stories!

lear4406 05-03-2009 02:48 PM

I'm just waiting for the be-all, end-all Camaro to hit the streets. I have lurked on their boards and some on there are in for a rude awakeing. They feel their mighty Camaro cannot be beat... even by a well driven SRT-8 Challenger. I have the utmost respect for the SS Camaros and what GM has given its drivers. What I don't have repect for is the loud mouths that think the 6 cyl. will give an R/T a run for its money. SS vs. SRT drivers race. SS vs R/T nod goes to the SS... but he better not sleep or get too cocky or R/T tail lights will be all they see. My R/T is no longer stock so I'm curious to see how it compares to the SS. So heres my warning Camaro boys.

10secDodge 05-04-2009 03:07 AM

I am still racing weekly. It is alot warmer here but I am running consistent 12.7's ~ 12.8's on the motor @ 108 ~ 110. I did get an 11.75 @ 117 yesterday when I sprayed it once (100 horse shot).
I am running points at Dragway 42. I made it to the semi finals yesterday. Went -.005 (redlight) in the 5th round. It wont be too long before the RT is in the winners cirlce.

germansheperd 05-04-2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by 10secDodge (Post 70724)
I am still racing weekly. It is alot warmer here but I am running consistent 12.7's ~ 12.8's on the motor @ 108 ~ 110. I did get an 11.75 @ 117 yesterday when I sprayed it once (100 horse shot).
I am running points at Dragway 42. I made it to the semi finals yesterday. Went -.005 (redlight) in the 5th round. It wont be too long before the RT is in the winners cirlce.

Good Job Tony! I thought about coming out to see your car run yesterday. Did you order a gear for your car yet?

germansheperd 05-04-2009 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by lear4406 (Post 70709)
I'm just waiting for the be-all, end-all Camaro to hit the streets. I have lurked on their boards and some on there are in for a rude awakeing. They feel their mighty Camaro cannot be beat... even by a well driven SRT-8 Challenger. I have the utmost respect for the SS Camaros and what GM has given its drivers. What I don't have repect for is the loud mouths that think the 6 cyl. will give an R/T a run for its money. SS vs. SRT drivers race. SS vs R/T nod goes to the SS... but he better not sleep or get too cocky or R/T tail lights will be all they see. My R/T is no longer stock so I'm curious to see how it compares to the SS. So heres my warning Camaro boys.

I have no respect for the SS Camaro or their owners and I will kick the snot of them with my 'lil pony' when they show up! (I also own a C6 Corvette!)

10secDodge 05-04-2009 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by germansheperd (Post 70734)
Good Job Tony! I thought about coming out to see your car run yesterday. Did you order a gear for your car yet?

No gear yet. The only ones available so far are from Mopar and are on national backorder. I talked to Richmond and they are hoping to have one ready by the end of summer. So unless I come across another swap deal, I am going to have to wait.

I was looking for you...since it was nice I thought you might show up.

germansheperd 05-04-2009 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by 10secDodge (Post 70739)
No gear yet. The only ones available so far are from Mopar and are on national backorder. I talked to Richmond and they are hoping to have one ready by the end of summer. So unless I come across another swap deal, I am going to have to wait.

I was looking for you...since it was nice I thought you might show up.

My car is still sitting at the tuners.The new intake manifold was a bust after numerous pulls and adjustments. It seems like people all over the country are having issues with it unless they are running a turbo or supercharger. The new throttlebody is on and waiting for a re-tune with that, Im hoping to get it back tomorrow night. We will see.

lear4406 05-04-2009 03:01 PM

You guys represent, no doubt. I look forward to your posts as you deliver the goods. You guys stay safe and keep us informed on your racing.