Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger R/T (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/)
-   -   upgrades (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/upgrades-6718/)

virgaand 07-10-2009 01:13 PM

upgrades

Just got my new R/T - dont know a whole lot about ways to upgrade my vehicle without breaking the bank, can anyone help me out with some basic starter upgrade ideas that address the following topics:

Upgrade;Cost;Added power/value

and also any preferences on brands/manufacturer

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-12-2009 08:29 AM

Best mod in my book was DiabloSport Tuner.

Thor77 07-14-2009 03:29 PM

This is general, but tune, intake and exhaust are usually the easiest things to look at.

Congrats on the new car!

johnereb68 07-19-2009 07:54 PM

up-grades on my challey

Originally Posted by virgaand (Post 71846)
Just got my new R/T - dont know a whole lot about ways to upgrade my vehicle without breaking the bank, can anyone help me out with some basic starter upgrade ideas that address the following topics:

Upgrade;Cost;Added power/value

and also any preferences on brands/manufacturer

I own a 09 Challenger 5.7 R/T A/T. I have priced the following with RPM Outlet: diablosport predator, short tube bbk headers, K&N cold air intake, total $1063 less tax & labor. I challenge anyone out there to give me a better price.

Carbon 07-22-2009 11:23 AM

Do you need to buy a Diablo Sport Tuner, or is is possible to find someone local to hook up theirs and change my settings for me?
Is that possible?
just wondering since it looks like it's not coming with anything that get hard installed.

lear4406 07-23-2009 08:43 AM

No... just one tune in each tuner with multible adjustments. You also save the stock tune in the tuner for those visits to the dealership.

MrKrisSullivan 07-29-2009 08:55 PM

From what I understand, if you have the chip installed and need warranty work the dealer can find that out and be able to prove you used one and void your warranties... is this correct? How could you "actually" get away with this?

lear4406 07-30-2009 08:58 AM

I'm sure they have a way... but it also has to affect the repair being made. A 93 oct. tune will not harm this engine. I think supercharging, NOS and turbo will cause concern using this or any tune chip.

MrKrisSullivan 07-30-2009 07:52 PM

I agree lear totally... But what if the Transmission blew? could they then say you were running a 93 octane tune and void that repair under warranty? That's the big question... at least for me most of us Dodge guys out there know our engine is just about the best out there, but our tranny's definatly aren't the best... I'm truly worried about the transmission... Especially for life?

lear4406 08-04-2009 03:06 AM

I have the manual 6-speed so I'm not too certain about the autos. My son has an SRT-8 auto and the diablo tune. It improved the shifting quite nicely. The trans should be the same one used in the SRT-8s and they have 425 HP so I believe the 5.7s increase to over 400 HP should be fine for this transmission. I have read articles on 300s and Chargers with over 600HP and no trans problems yet and all are autos.