Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger SE (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-se-34/)
-   -   First Problem with the car (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-se-34/first-problem-car-5427/)

Andre@Edge 11-27-2008 09:40 AM

RE: First Problem with the car

I dont know what model you have, but if it has MDS, I'm betting that is the issue.

canadiancanuck 11-27-2008 10:01 AM

well the dealership just called, so they couldn't replicate the problem, however the tech did find a fuel code, and noted a CRUCIAL PCM update had not been done - re: fuel curve, and did the upgrade, he said I should notice a HUGE difference in operation, and that this may be the issue that was causing me greif, essentially I was starving the car of fuel when I accelorated and teh new upgrade would resolve this issue, he did say that the previous dealership did not do a great PDI and didn't run any complinace software..... so needless to say this dealership has earned my business and the car will go there for any service work.

ohhh and side note, I asked how much an oil change was and they all replied $42.60 right off the bat hahahaha looks like these guys have their crap together. I called my sales guy and all he said was I'm sorry man, I wish we could have found it first?????? oh well....

RoswellGrey 11-27-2008 09:43 PM

Well, at least you apparently have an answer and have found a competent dealer. :)

canadiancanuck 11-28-2008 07:16 AM

WOW!!! what a difference, the upgrade did a HUGE world of good for the car, it runs amazing, not sure what the fule curve did but I had WAY better repsonse, and the car ran like it was meant to.

RoswellGrey 11-28-2008 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

I dont know what model you have, but if it has MDS, I'm betting that is the issue.
Uh....Andre....the thread is under the section headed:

Dodge Challenger SE
Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SE should be placed here.

I'm betting he has an SE.

:D:D:D

Andre@Edge 11-28-2008 06:01 PM

OK RG,
I see that NOW! lol

challygirl 11-30-2008 05:48 AM

Canadiancanuck- this problem you had sounds exactly like what my guy found on a brand new 09 and Chrysler was very aware of the problem..
this was on a 09 rt... chrysler tech support said that they had several toque converters from a supplier that had rust on them and were cleaned up with emery cloth..
they had us ship the complete trans to the engineers...if it happens again i would bet this is your problem...
thank god all of us that purchased 08s the cars are flawless....good luck.. Joani

RoswellGrey 11-30-2008 12:01 PM

Yeah, Joani, it's that whole work-ethic thing. Back in the old days when the 08s were made, you had a thrifty working class building them instead of a discontented, lazy rabble like in the Amazing Future World of 2009. There was NEVER anything wrong with the 08s. ;)

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/3028E92E703E4A16BD2186C79BC0713D.jpg[/IMG]

canadiancanuck 12-01-2008 06:29 AM

well it seems like I jumped the gun again, the check engine light went off again, this time it stayed on over night and through the weekend. I went out to start the car this morning and the light cleared itself....... so no chance the dealer can pull a code now. All I was told is if I can get it to go again, to bring it in and they can scan it. The upside is the new dealership totally understands what I am seeing and are just as baffled as I am whe it comes and goes. I will make a mention of the converter though Joani... thank you for that, it just may be the issue? I'm taking today off to get the code to throw and hopefully I can get to the dealership on time.

RoswellGrey 12-01-2008 12:50 PM

Did the car run strangely again or did the light just come on and everything else was OK?