Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Engine (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/engine-16/)
-   -   "Mopar" made Headers that won't void your new car's Warranty! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/engine-16/mopar-made-headers-wont-void-your-new-cars-warranty-7236/)

Doozle 01-21-2010 02:59 PM

"Mopar" made Headers that won't void your new car's Warranty!

FYI: This maybe of interest to some of you all contemplating future modifications on your SRT8. Dodge (Mopar)has recently released their own headers for the 6.1 Hemi Challenger. Catch is you will have to have them installed and warrantied by your selling dealership. Some dealerships are not aware of this or are choosing not to participate for whatever reason so it's up to you the consumer and check around and ask questions before taking the plunge. The headers are to my knowledge not ceramic coated so you might want to send them off to some place like "Jet Hot Coatings" before having them installed on your SRT8. My cost there in Houston, TX will be in the neighborhood of $1,600 but your state & local taxes may vary. Yes that could be considered "a little pricey" for some of you all but just remember you're adding power to your car and its still being backed up by the factory warranty. All in all I think the positives out weigh the negatives on this install. If you've already had the factory (Dodge) Borla cat-back performance exhaust system and the Mopar performance air intake system installed then the addition of the headers would be a worthwhile addition to your SRT8. Think of it as a Mopar performance "Trifecta"!
If you're asking yourself why you haven't heard about this before its because Dodge itself only wants "word of mouth" traffic on this. They don't
want to have a whole bunch of unsold inventory taking up space on dealers shelves. Also if you go ahead and do this swap after you've purchased your SRT8 you might want to keep your stock manifolds just in case you want to "trade up" for that new rumored 6.4 in a couple of years and want o retain the ability to go back stock at a later date. In theory you could then have these Mopar headers installed on the 6.4 motor but I'm getting ahead of myself here. And for those who're waiting patiently for your new SRT8 to be built (special order), this is something to think about.
So before you go out and purchase some no name off brand (Hooker, Kooks, etc) header system you might want to consider the Mopar factory option instead. Sorry I don't have any part #'s on this but if you asl around I'm sure you can find out easily enough. Just trying to do a good thing here and pass what I've heard on to you all.
Hope the above 411 helps you all out some!

redcarwire 01-25-2010 05:31 PM

wow this is great news, now i am thinking of purchasing replacement parts for my headers. i think next month will be a good idea.