Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   1st 24 hrs with my new R/T - full writeup (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/1st-24-hrs-my-new-r-t-full-writeup-5401/)

Paladin06 11-25-2008 03:56 PM

RE: 1st 24 hrs with my new R/T - full writeup

It's to prevent passengers from entering or exiting the car on side where there is most often traffic.

RoswellGrey 11-25-2008 04:58 PM

If anything, Paladin, it's a safety hindrance. I'd hate to have to try bailing out quickly from behind the driver's seat if the car stalls on railroad tracks with a train barreling down on it.

I stick with my cheapness assessment. ;)

Yankee 11-25-2008 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

It's to prevent passengers from entering or exiting the car on side where there is most often traffic.
That may be what the powers-that-be SAY... but yes I concur with the cheapness assessment. And I also think it could be a safety hindrance as well, like RoswellGrey mentioned.

I don't normally carry rear seat passengers, but for example just the other day I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items, and with my other 2-door cars I would always fold the driver's seat forward and put the items in the back... something I can't do with this car. Not a major issue mind you... but a damned nuisance nonetheless.

kramtrah 11-25-2008 05:56 PM

Yankee, I like seeing the Charger COP Car being retired. Nice replacement Bro!;)

RoswellGrey 11-25-2008 08:12 PM

To tell you the truth, I kinda miss the cop car. I think it should be brought back. ;)

toofart 11-26-2008 04:35 AM

I'm gonna weld my doors shut and weld the passenger seat in place. You want to ride in the back? You figure out how to get there! :-)

RoswellGrey 11-26-2008 06:11 AM

:D:D:D Well, the real reason for getting a two-door car is to discourage anyone from riding back there.

brucer41 11-26-2008 08:42 AM

Going off what a local GM for Chrysler said, the drivers seat is non folding due to the power, heating, etc. I thought it was bunk as I have had cars with power and heated seats that folded but what can you say, its their story.

mot250 11-27-2008 10:45 AM

The driver seat not folding forward is not a safety issue, it has to do with the power back angle adjustment. When you add the power angel adjustment, the back can not be disengaged for a quick flip forward as the non-power passenger side seat can be.

Paladin06 11-27-2008 10:46 AM

Hummmmmmmmmmm, my import did.
:eek:

ORIGINAL: mot250

The driver seat not folding forward is not a safety issue, it has to do with the power back angle adjustment. When you add the power angel adjustment, the back can not be disengaged for a quick flip forward as the non-power passenger side seat can be.