Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/2009s-info-those-who-have-placed-solid-order-3272/)

SKiDs33t 06-06-2008 11:09 PM

RE: 2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER

Damn, AAFES still can't seem give me a VIN or VON. I've got a Order Acceptance, but it has nothing from Dodge on it. Looks to be an AAFES internal form. I have a delivery to port date of Oct 15th. What he was able to tell me was that the vehicle is in B Status. He showed me the screen and it says "Available for Scheduling". So I'm guessing that means BX. My AAFES order number is 90123. I doubt that has anything to do with the actual order number though.

You are scaring me Bud, whats going on? [sm=helpout.gif]

BUDMAN 06-07-2008 04:56 AM

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

Damn, AAFES still can't seem give me a VIN or VON. I've got a Order Acceptance, but it has nothing from Dodge on it. Looks to be an AAFES internal form. I have a delivery to port date of Oct 15th. What he was able to tell me was that the vehicle is in B Status. He showed me the screen and it says "Available for Scheduling". So I'm guessing that means BX. My AAFES order number is 90123. I doubt that has anything to do with the actual order number though.

You are scaring me Bud, whats going on? [sm=helpout.gif]

SKiDs33t 06-07-2008 06:28 AM

Try again Budman, your last post only contains the quote of mine. The suspense is killing me! [sm=smiley13.gif]

Overpowered 06-07-2008 06:53 AM

BUDMAN,

I have an order printout for a 2009 SRT8 Challenger (Hemi Orange and loaded) complete with me as customer and a VON # - listed in BX status.

I hope you have good news for me - the suspense of what you know is killing me since you are always perfect in your information.

Do you want my VON #?

Eric

namduB 06-07-2008 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

OK All WHO HAVE ORDERED A 2009 SRT GO TO YOUR DEALER AND ASK THEM HOW MANY 2009 SOLD SRT ORDERS THEY HAVE IN PLACE AND WHERE DO YOU STAND. ALSO
ASK THEM YOUR CURRENT STATUS AND VON NUMBER AND HAVE THEM GIVE YOU A CURRENT PRINTOUT. YOU NEED TO DO THIS ASAP. I WILL TELL YOU WHY LATER

tnek 06-07-2008 12:53 PM

I really cant see Dodge only selling a limited # of the SRT8s,,, they are a money maker and thats what Dodge really needs to make a lot of at the moment. At least I hope since I was planning on ordering an 09 next march or so or the 10 when it comes out.

Mopar_Nut 06-07-2008 02:23 PM

Wonder what's goin on??? I stopped by a local dealership here in the St Louis area, and a guy told me they were not taking orders on 09 SRT's. But, I could have ordered an RT. Kinda odd. Maybe the 09 SRT will be a limited run? Hope not.

curtiswren 06-07-2008 02:57 PM

I just ordered a 2009 hemi orange srt this afternoon. I've got a von status of BA. The dealer said they had 1 other 2009 SRT on order.

WILD Jeff 06-07-2008 05:01 PM

RE: 2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLA

It makes more sense to make less. If they make a whole ton of them to meet demand, it won't be a big deal to get one and demand will die fast. If they make less, then it will be more of a rare car so they can keep it in higher demand.

Mopar_Nut 06-07-2008 05:14 PM

RE: 2009'

Yea. I won't be buying from that dealer anyway. The 08 they sold this last week had a 20k markup. He said he's getting more 08's and selling them to the people who are willing to pay the most.[sm=boosign.gif] Oh well, I got 3 more dealers within a ten mile radius of my house that I can try.