Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/2009s-info-those-who-have-placed-solid-order-3272/)

fatcat 06-30-2008 02:16 PM

RE: 2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER

DiamDave, you can come to Cape May Court House, NJ and get a 2008 Black SRT8 Challenger loaded with every option for the great price of $80,000.00 . Thats MSRP of $41,965 plus the Dodge Eastern Region Market Adjustment of $38,035. Come on down and get it !!!! Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

DiamDave 06-30-2008 02:23 PM

Hey Shaky-2,

Thanks, but my 08 is built and staged for shipping already. I bought mine at Joanis dealerships Riverside store. Got the same deal you did, great dealer and very fair price, especially for California. Like you experienced, I have heard of dealers asking almost double for these cars, however, I have not seen one go for that much. With our experiences, I will be surprised if the 09 hemis actually leave the showroom under MSRP. If they do, then good for those that waited. Unfortunately, I understand that MSRP on the 09s is several thousand higher than the 08s to begin with.

Good luck,

Dave

davidstan 06-30-2008 02:32 PM

This dealer was doing no discounts on the srt's and sold his one 08 for msrp. The r/t being a v8 at higher volumn they are afraid of 5.00 gal gas.

Challenger One 06-30-2008 07:20 PM

Im getting signed purchase order in the mail more details when I do. I waited and bought my GT500 2008 at $3000 over those who bought 2007 GT500 paid alot more than me prices are even cheaper now MSRP Shelby buyers already been through this dealer bs but I think gas price and the economy plus more Challengers being built will lower prices time will tell. First to buy first to drive and enjoy thats the trade off prices lower over time

tnek 07-01-2008 08:36 AM

My 09 SRT8 is at BG which is passed edit n/a for schedule. I presume that means it wont be scheduled untill the 08s are all done at best.
Its also the FIRST 09 ordered by this dealer who got seveal 08s and should have no problems getting at least a few 09s. Seems that some dealers have ordered 8-10 of them regardless of if they think they can get them. Who knows[&:]

FormulaS 07-01-2008 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: fatcat

FormulaS, no problem. I probably will call them on Moday to see if there's any news but I doubt it as the last call all I got was....."When we get a VIN number we will call you and deposit your check. I've bought from Bulher in the past and was well treated but I'm thinking the problem with these Challengers is with Dodge mostly except the price gouging which is all a Dealer problem ,.......PURE GREED.....some would argue thats just the American way ...I disagree....in any case lets stay in touch if you like,
Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]
[sm=thanx.gif] I appreciate that..

brucer41 07-02-2008 05:09 AM

I called the 1 800 last night and found out my 09 moved to C status on Monday. Also the rep told me that it is possible it will be a mid September delivery seeing as I ordered it early enough to get in on the September builds. Rep also told me to call back after the 10th of July and I should get my VIN and should be in D1 status as that is when they will be doing the updates.

CompleteControl 07-02-2008 10:17 AM

1) 09 SRT
2)TorRed
3)San Antonio, TX
4)MSRP
5)No deposit required
6) D Status

fatcat 07-02-2008 01:27 PM

FormulaS and other members. called my dealer today and the 800 number on my May 15th order of a 2009 R/T with a VON number at BA status and got absolutley no new info from either source....so here we go again for the 2009's ...is this some kind of company or what?? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fat Cat waitin semi mad and frustrated to do some of these....[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: FormulaS

ORIGINAL: fatcat

FormulaS, no problem. I probably will call them on Moday to see if there's any news but I doubt it as the last call all I got was....."When we get a VIN number we will call you and deposit your check. I've bought from Bulher in the past and was well treated but I'm thinking the problem with these Challengers is with Dodge mostly except the price gouging which is all a Dealer problem ,.......PURE GREED.....some would argue thats just the American way ...I disagree....in any case lets stay in touch if you like,
Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]
[sm=thanx.gif] I appreciate that..

DiamDave 07-02-2008 02:37 PM

From what I understand they will not even think about scheduling the 2009 models until all the 2008s are finished. Now this would just make sense, wouldn't it?

If you guys are going to start getting frustrated before they even start gearing up for your run.....Wow! I really suggest sit back, wait til your dealer gives you a VIN number (probably August at the earliest) and then add 6 to 8 weeks to what you are told. Trust me, it will be better for your sanity.