Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   35 totaled challengers (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/35-totaled-challengers-3780/)

bluestang50 07-06-2008 07:19 PM

35 totaled challengers

I hope none of these is one of yalls...

http://www.fuelslut.net/vbulletin/vi...e-picture.html

http://www.1320video.com/gallery/TotaledChallengers

mopar2ya 07-06-2008 07:31 PM

RE: 35 totaled challengers

Any chance you can post the pic rather than a link to the forum. Non members cannot view without signing up it appears. Cheers!

jh27_1970 07-06-2008 07:49 PM

So what was the price range did they sell in??

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-06-2008 07:58 PM

That sucks.....

Billionaire 07-06-2008 10:00 PM

How were they totaled?

RoswellGrey 07-07-2008 12:18 AM

They sure have a liberal definition of "totaled." When my Mustang got hailed on when it was two weeks old, all the glass was broken out of it and it looked like somebody had taken a sledgehammer to it. Nearly $8,000 worth of damage. It wasn't "totaled." Does this car look "totaled" to you?

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/F98F9C49CCD44C7EA6AE0CFEBF625774.jpg[/IMG]

Billionaire 07-07-2008 01:20 AM

Since those totaled challengers are so worthless, I'll be glad to take one off their hands, as a favor.
Heck I'll even take 3 or 4.

hemicuda 07-07-2008 05:40 AM

Very sad. I wonder what they sold for.

brucer41 07-07-2008 06:00 AM

It would be interesting to get all of the badge numbers so we would know if they showed up on eBay for ridiculous prices.

mopar2ya 07-07-2008 06:05 AM

Ahhh... good thinking brucer. Some schmuck will probably rationalize that it somehow adds value making it a rarer car than the other 6400, thus demanding a much higher price...

RoswellGrey 07-07-2008 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Ahhh... good thinking brucer. Some schmuck will probably rationalize that it somehow adds value making it a rarer car than the other 6400, thus demanding a much higher price...
Good point! Yes, a car being hit by hail is considered an "act of God." Those Challengers must be blessed, hence worth a lot more money!

claymore 07-07-2008 11:18 AM

I'm with you.........these cars are around 40,000 a pop. First off I have seen serious hail damage on a vehicle....looking at these photos I see no damage. Even if it was so, you are telling me that it would cost more than 40,000 to repair said hail damage? Give me a break.....just another person blowing smoke up our rear ends. Good try though.

bluestang50 07-07-2008 03:17 PM

The very unfortunate news is that every vehicle sitting in bay at Council Bluffs received significant
damage and will likely be bought back and sent t auction. The vehicle list includes (35) Dodge Challenger
SRT8s. The damage to these vehicles is not dentless paint repair. The damage is significant and includes
broken windshields and headlights. Most body panels will have to be replaced. Therefore these units will be
re-classified as "Act of God, major transportation damage" and will be sold at auction.

There is nothing that can be done to recover a unit bought back. The vehicles are now on "Hail Storm" hold
and awaiting Insurance Inspection and buy back. Obviously this is devastating news to those people waiting
for one of the 35 Dodge Challengers that were effected. There is no avenue to replace these units as the
production has been filled for the 2008 model year.

Please do not contact Sierra Mountain Express in Council Bluffs, to check the status of your vehicle. They are
scrambling to catch up with the situation and everything is on hold waiting inspection. You can see the status of
your vehicle in DealerConnect.

We apologize for this unfortunate situation.

DBC Distribution

Those cars are supposed to be the ones that are fixed and being sold at auction. The severely damaged cars were supposedly crushed.

brucer41 07-07-2008 04:06 PM

YIKES! However if those pictures are of these Challengers, I sure don't see any damage to them such as described. Whats the real story here? Also, wouldn't these cars now show up as KZOG and show up on VinVision as such? strange that one of our intrepid gods of VV haven't posted a VV report with this code on it. With 35 cars and the slow speed to which they are releasing them you would figure to see some of them coming through on VV. Just a thought.

choodock 07-07-2008 05:17 PM

How much are these cars worth? I may have an inside source.

70sguy 07-07-2008 05:22 PM

I have $20k, how can I put my order in?

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-07-2008 05:24 PM

Well,motor is worth 6grand......LOL

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-07-2008 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: brucer41

YIKES! However if those pictures are of these Challengers, I sure don't see any damage to them such as described. Whats the real story here? Also, wouldn't these cars now show up as KZOG and show up on VinVision as such? strange that one of our intrepid gods of VV haven't posted a VV report with this code on it. With 35 cars and the slow speed to which they are releasing them you would figure to see some of them coming through on VV. Just a thought.
I was caught in hail storm in SD and my car looked like it went through car wash of hammers. There was dimples all over car. If these are the hailstorm cars they can be repaired for about $4500 each. If they are flood cars I would say "Totaled".

stevelegel 07-07-2008 05:50 PM

I've got a call into Ohmaha auctions. The page said auction this Thursday and was dated 7/5. So auction would be upcoming 7/10. Right?

So, ding dictor, body fill, seal, prime, paint,

I can compromise for enough money. Theory of first scratch....
Steve

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-07-2008 05:53 PM

The title will say "totaled" or "rebuild" on it wont it?

stevelegel 07-07-2008 06:41 PM

Who knows? I know my regular ins co will not insure a vehicle with that title. I really don't know...I'm just trying to get info.

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-07-2008 06:51 PM

Be nice to pick one up for 10grand..buy SE for 20grand....winter project.....SLEEPER>>>>>

kramtrah 07-07-2008 08:09 PM

Earlier today I found this and I was hoping there weren't any Challengers on this rig. I see Chargers, but not enought of the whole rig to know if any Challengers on board. This is for those of you in Western NY:

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...a-900d4bef15c4

JJMPB 07-08-2008 02:09 AM

damn hope they weren't any challengers on that rig

108Challenger 07-08-2008 09:25 AM

No just v6 chargers. i saw it on live news. They are all totaled.

stevelegel 07-08-2008 05:24 PM

RE hail damage.

I looked up the Omaha Auto auction (as posted with the report) on the web and got a phone number and called today.

I spoke to Dave, the Chrysler transport repair liaison, Straight from the source here's the deal

1. 35 Challengers were hail damaged near Omaha at the trucking transfer station.
2. None of the hail damage is all that bad. NO Challengers were crushed or scrapped

3. ALLL are being repaired by dent doctor type repair right now, and ongoing, as part of "transport damage repair"
4. NONE are totalled

5. As repairs complete, the Challenger is shipped to its ordering dealer
6. At the ordering dealer, the dealer (and/or) the named buyer will evaluate the car and determine if it is acceptable for delivery.

7A if it is accepted for delivery, then it is sold at the dealership.
7B if it is not accepted at the dealership, then it is transported to the nearest Chrysler Regional dealer only auction clearing center (dealers bring, buy and sell, and swap their inventory).

8. The unaccepted Challenger would be sold to a different dealer at Chrysler auction

9. There is no public access to the cars. There is no "liason/middle man" that we can bid through.

10. He does not think any of the cars is so damged as to sell for low price.

True as of 1:00 PM 7/8/08

Steve

bluestang50 07-08-2008 05:42 PM

very nice research

stevelegel 07-08-2008 06:08 PM

The Challengers are at the Monheim Omaha Auction center because
1. it is close to the trucking transfer station
2. it is already set up for dent doctor, chipless, paintless repair and other detailing that they do to prep other auction cars.

The Challengers are NOT there to be auctioned. Only to be repaired and returned to trucking transfer station
Steve