Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   AGAIN...clueless dealers (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/again-clueless-dealers-5486/)

dodgebrothers 12-03-2008 01:15 PM

AGAIN...clueless dealers

Man, I try and try to support my local Dodge dealers but time and time again I walk away extremely irritated and wondering why I even bother attempting to support them. This past weekend I embared upon what I thougt would be a simple task. To purchase a Challenger hat. Drove 25 miles, to two different dealers, neither of which had a hat, a key chain, a shirt...nothing, nada!!

Both did not even offer to order it. And they wonder....:eek:

rickerda 12-03-2008 01:36 PM

RE: AGAIN...clueless dealers

Thank goodness for the internet, several online dealers are very good at getting anything I need

Day1 12-04-2008 06:11 AM

And they wonder why they are in trouble! I went to my dealer to order a mopar exhaust system and he ended up telling me to go home look it up on the internet and come back in with the information and he might be able to order it!
R Day

Riptide 12-04-2008 09:58 AM

Customer service is dead.

brucer41 12-04-2008 11:55 AM

Th dealer I was working with..totally clueless and more than ignorant. Dealer I ended buying my SRT from, wonderful, great, and on point. Keep looking, you'll find a good one.

Riptide 12-04-2008 02:07 PM

When I was thinking about getting an R/T my local dealer (Lithia Dodge, Billings MT) flat out told me that "Dodge forces them" to mark the price up $5,000 on the R/T and $10,000 on the SRT8. They seriously told me that.

Needless to say I left. There was no way I could afford to pay that and no way I want to do business with liars. Hood River Dodge and Bob Smith were much easier to deal with.

RUBBERBNDMAN 12-04-2008 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Riptide

When I was thinking about getting an R/T my local dealer (Lithia Dodge, Billings MT) flat out told me that "Dodge forces them" to mark the price up $5,000 on the R/T and $10,000 on the SRT8. They seriously told me that.

Needless to say I left. There was no way I could afford to pay that and no way I want to do business with liars. Hood River Dodge and Bob Smith were much easier to deal with.
HOOD RIVER CLOSED....due to economic times...

epegasus 12-04-2008 08:24 PM

Well I can highly recommend Landmark Dodge here a little south of Atlanta, Ga. Ask for Jeff Logan (404-867-5335). He cut right to the chase and gave me an awesome deal on my '09 SRT8 manual. I bought below MSRP and got a full tank of Premium to boot.

I don't normally give salespeople props. I usually just give them hell and leave them dazed and confused 8-).

tskatz 12-05-2008 03:18 AM

My car came from Landmark as well.

sv1kSteve 12-05-2008 12:01 PM

I have a real problem when someone looks me in the eyes and lies! Especially with the information that is out there today we all know that this is a blatant lie. I dunno why they feel that they have to do that.
Here in Collierville Tn a nationwide Chevy dealer (before they went bankrupt and closed all of their dealerships) was being taken to the BBB so often that they withdrew their membership from the BBB! They were in the news and the paper often for problems with customers. I just don't understand.
On the other hand I have seen some entertaning acts from car salesmen great theatre.