Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Anyone order the Drag Pack Chally? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/anyone-order-drag-pack-chally-4563/)

dodgebrothers 09-07-2008 10:31 AM

Anyone order the Drag Pack Chally?

Curious if anyone out here has placed an order on the Drag Racer version? I realize they are not street legal and therefore for racers only, but wondering if anyone has tried and what the process looks like? The 3 engine options are nice too, 6.1, 5.7 or the 5.9 wedge version.

mopar2ya 09-07-2008 10:45 AM

RE: Anyone order the Drag Pack Chally?

What... no 6.4??

MrKrisSullivan 09-07-2008 03:44 PM

yeah I thought the whole idea was built around the 392(6.4)

Urlosingbd 09-08-2008 06:17 AM

Agree... I don't understand why they are not putting they 6.4 "RACE" engine into a track/strip car only.

MrKrisSullivan 09-08-2008 05:45 PM

I read on allpar.com that they were... maybe something different happend
but im almost positive i've read a couple of articles mentioning the 6.4 (392)

HXC Performance 09-09-2008 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: dodgebrothers

Curious if anyone out here has placed an order on the Drag Racer version? I realize they are not street legal and therefore for racers only, but wondering if anyone has tried and what the process looks like? The 3 engine options are nice too, 6.1, 5.7 or the 5.9 wedge version.
We submitted an initial proposal to the man at Mopar in charge of the program/ordering. We were told Mopar does not intend on selling the Drag Package cars to just anyone, they want them raced/campaigned... being the first "Package" car Chrysler has built in 40 years (Cuda/Dart), they are worried about people buying them for collectors reasons, and never racing them.

If our proposal is approved, we will be converting the car to a Cuda with our Cuda Package, and racing it next year.

HXC

Andre@Edge 09-09-2008 02:52 PM

I contacted Dodge about the drag only cars, and they wanted me to take a pair. You cant purchase a chassis only car, so the next best thing is the SE gutted and my 7.0L, 727 and new rear end dropped in. I hope to be 300 pounds lighter then the P code, and a full half second faster. To purchase 2 I would have to shell out just over 76,000.00 and that is not financed. I figure I will have about 32,000 and MANY hours into making the car I want. That is after selling the 3.5, transmission and anything I dont need on the track.

RUBBERBNDMAN 09-09-2008 04:18 PM

Have you started yet....?