Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Backup Car? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/backup-car-1383/)

Billionaire 10-19-2007 10:11 PM

RE: Backup Car?

I think I found my perfect car! It's the volkswagen R32. It has 2 doors and a hatchback. It has 250 hp and goes from 0 to 60 in about 6 seconds. It also has a lot of luxury and quality and costs only about 30K. This is the perfect car for running around town easily and quickly, easy maneuvering, and for parking in southern california, where parking is often a nightmare, especially for bigger cars. Also it seems to be fairly roomy in the driver's seat. This is the perfect car for me from a totally practical viewpoint. Great for road trips too.

DmnBoy 01-03-2008 07:00 AM

I'll keep driving my ol' Toy P/U in the winter, either the Demon or my Gremlin through the summer (or the SRT6 for trips) and wait patiently until the '09's come out...If they won't make the challenger the way I want it, then I'll just keep saving for a Viper!:)

awsure 01-03-2008 11:31 AM

If it is a real departure form the concept I am going to buy a wrecked Charger SRT and have my car guy build me one that is identical dimensions (including butterflys)...[8D]

Mikesan 01-03-2008 12:26 PM

Will just keep driving what we have now. Commander for the family vehicle and GT500 for fun stuff. Looking to sell the Solstice as well. That'll give us enough to pay off the Commander and go from three car payments to one.

DSkippy 01-03-2008 12:41 PM

Awsure, what about chopping the frame to shorten the wheel base, make a two door charger? Maybe w/ suicide rear "mini-doors"?

DSkippy 01-04-2008 04:38 AM

Backup Car....Subaru WRX STI. Don't know why they haven't made them two door yet, I think it would sell even hotter (less weight, more sports car looking). Anyway..that's it. (for sub 60 ZapX)

bluestang50 01-04-2008 07:44 AM

backup is an 08/09 C6 vette

awsure 01-06-2008 11:04 PM

I do not really care for the Charger and really LOVE the lines of the Challenger. No, I would simply do a private build of a "concept copy" I guess. I cannot stand when someone dumbs down perfection and simply hope that does not happen here. Reminds me of what they did to Howard Rourke's buildings in The Fountainhead if you get that reference (hopefully I am not tossing a Dennis Miller example out there that only me & one other person on the planet can relate to).

For me the clean look of this car is tremendous. No chrome splattered all over, no spinning rims or superflous body protrusions. Simple straightforward MUSCLE...yeah. [8D]

Overpowered 02-02-2008 10:05 PM

I plan to continue driving my 2 luxurious Infinitis as daily drivers with or without the Challenger - this would keep the Challenger out of the rain, keep it low miles, etc.

I started my mid-life itch a few tears ago with a strong consideration for a new(er) Mustang, but with the announcement of the Challenger, I decided to return as close to my first love (my 71 Cuda w/balanced & blueprinted 440) as realistically can be afforded. The thought of new technology for reliability and the lack of spare workshop or time to build make this decision #1.

My second musclecar choice would be a toss up between the Mustang and the new Camaro - and either would really be a comprimise I'm not very keen on. My brother has a Viper, it's a great/fun car but expensive and requires you to be on the ball all the time - car loves to swap ends.

Eric

70sguy 02-03-2008 04:27 AM

there is no need for a back up, i'm still drooling to get in my 08 tangerine and drive it home. Currently my daily driver is 07 sport trac, on weekends I drive my 01 4x4 super crew lariat or my wife's 07 accura TL type S, by the way is very fun to drive. It has good power per weight, traction control and paddle shifter and an awesome bose stereo and cost less than the chally.