Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   challenger will have three engine options (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/challenger-will-have-three-engine-options-211/)

GENX_HEMI9 04-03-2006 08:23 AM

challenger will have three engine options

LOOK at the charger it has three engine options V6, 5.7L V8, 6.1L V8 all automatic, Dodge believes in automatics over manual. I seriously dont think dodge will have a stick for the 6.1L. Its not the dodge way to be a manual!!!

Rob 04-03-2006 09:21 PM

RE: challenger will have three engine options

Well, it better be manual! I honestly have to say...I don't think I'd buy it if it wasn't ...if I'm gonna spend that kinda money on a sports car I want to at least have the option of manual..

1 Bad Mirada 04-03-2006 09:45 PM

i have done a review of what we could see as far as engine options, and how they would reflect on pricing..

it will be posted on the site shortly.

RoswellGrey 04-04-2006 05:56 PM

One of the things I read about the new Challenger early on was that it's using the next-generation version of the LX platform (apparently called the LY, which is supposed to debut either in 2009 or 2010) specifically because the current LX platform can't accommodate a manual transmission but the next one will. Hence, that's why the current Charger doesn't offer a manual option -- and which also may mean that the Challenger won't be in production till '09 or '10.

Rob 04-04-2006 06:49 PM

Well, if that's true, I think I'd rather wait til 09 than have an automatic...just my opinion. ;)

Jeremiah 29:11 04-04-2006 06:59 PM

I hope the schedule above is wrong. I have been hearing a 2008 model in Fall of 2007. Maybe I am hearing what I want to hear.

I originally started a post on LX vs LY platform to find out more about it because this may give us a clue about the schedule but hardly
anyone would give their inputs on this post.

TeeWJay426 04-05-2006 05:51 AM

I don't think anybody's ignoring you Jeremiah.... I just think at this point nobody can say anything for sure, and DCX isn't saying anything on the subject at all. All we can do is guess and speculate at this point.

Paladin06 04-05-2006 04:19 PM

I've got no problem with an auto. Give me that 6.1 Hemi and I'll add on an Supercharger at 6 to 8 pounds of boost and watch out manual lovers.

I do it all the time in my present car.;) I love to hear those manual guys at the light rapping that engine up then just shy of the 60 ft, boost reads 12 psi and it's bye, bye..;)

JMHO

Rob 04-05-2006 07:06 PM

True George...I have no doubt the auto is faster (unless you're one amazing manual driver)...but I like manual just because it's a lot more fun to drive...again, IMO

B00SS 04-10-2006 02:07 PM

No manual, no sale. Chevy will have a manual. DCX needs to do the same. Auto faster? More consistent, yes. Faster, depends to much on driver. Bracket racers will go with the auto. "Real drivers" will go with the manual. If you're gonna drive it, be the driver.