Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Dealer in Illinois with 7 supposedly at sticker! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/dealer-illinois-7-supposedly-sticker-4109/)

CUIN10 08-01-2008 08:57 AM

Dealer in Illinois with 7 supposedly at sticker!

Hello everyone. Sherman Dodge in Skokie currently has 7 available. The manager told me yesterday that they'd take sticker with a car number as low as #164/6400. Hope this helps someone. Figures I bought mine a week ago for 2k over out of state!!!

hemicuda 08-01-2008 09:00 AM

RE: Dealer in Illinois with 7 supposedly at sticker!

Nice. The way it should be. The days of charging over sticker are numbered.

Yankee 08-01-2008 09:02 AM

That's great news, hopefully a sign of things to come.

jh27_1970 08-01-2008 09:34 AM

Greenbrier dodge in Va. has 9 at sticker

RyanNY 08-01-2008 10:00 AM

This is crazy. :)

brucer41 08-01-2008 10:22 AM

just a few short weeks ago they were as rare as Dodo birds. My dealer - Naperville Dodge has four but all have the market adjustment making them 53K. Although the salesman did say they would work with a person to get that price down!

Mopar_Nut 08-01-2008 10:28 AM

This is awesome! That "market price" is going down down down. And the dealers who dont lower it will still have their 08s when 2009 rolls around.:D

RoswellGrey 08-01-2008 10:48 AM

Next, Honda's "Mr. Opportunity" will be knocking on the inside of your TV screen pushing 08 Challengers. ;)

dheizer 08-01-2008 11:05 AM

Dont get excited, I just talked to Sales manager and they want $10k OVER.

AT this point I am so frustrated with dealer greed, dealers that told me the car was mine

only to get there 2 hours later and they said they sold it for 3k over my price. I have

been lied to... Spoken down to... One dealer told unless I am willing to pay $8K over by

when he picked up the phone youre wasting my time.

At this point I find them all disgusting and not one that I would trust ordering an 09 from.

I have never had this bad of experience in buying a car in my life and it has all but made

me ready to move on and buy something else. I will hang in there a while longer, but it IS

getting ridiculous.

I dont have a problem with someone selling over sticker, that is their right and it is my

right to search for MSRP. I just should be treated with some semblance of respect and

definitely not intentionally mislead or worse yet lied to.

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-01-2008 11:12 AM

Go to Auto trader and call As many as you can stand about 50.They will start calling back this afternoon.Trust me....I did last Friday wish I would have listened to the wife.Last Friday 1040 SRT8s,Today 1600 on auto trader.Last Friday about 120 on Ebay
but I have not checked today.