Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Does The New Challenger Have Quality Issues? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/does-new-challenger-have-quality-issues-3589/)

70sguy 06-24-2008 04:33 AM

Does The New Challenger Have Quality Issues?

Two of our members that just received their challengers had quality issues. We certainly hope these are isolated cases.
My Challenger was missing plastic covers under the hood. Kal 357 has said he had two small dents from the inside out in his fenders and hood stripe was not centered. These things don't seem to bad, but as long as these cars sat in quality inspection they probably should have been caught. But, hopefully these are only isolated issues,

hemicuda 06-24-2008 04:52 AM

RE: Does The New Challenger Have Quality Issues?

Unfortunately, that is a reason for not buying one of the first cars of a new model. I remember when my dad received one of the first Dodge Ram SRT-10's and it immediately had to be recalled due to suspected loose cam bolts. That wasn't even a new engine for Dodge. Lesson learned. A little patience = better vehicle price and better vehicle quality usually.

Paladin06 06-24-2008 05:03 AM

What about Tupperware did he have any problems with Silver Bullet?

70sguy 06-24-2008 05:08 AM

Paladin,

Hopefully he will advise none, I believe he was still in awe!

brucer41 06-24-2008 05:49 AM

I don't think the Budman has returned home yet from his first drive!

tdub2112 06-24-2008 10:13 AM

I'd still be driving too, if I were him.:D[sm=gears.gif]

choodock 06-24-2008 01:09 PM

I have no complaints and zero issues with my car. Wait, I have one complaint - FINGERPRINTS. I am putting 'Do Not Touch' decals on the side windows this week.

MrKrisSullivan 06-24-2008 02:31 PM

Ha that's funny bro. Do they still make the car alarms that say things... like stand back...and protected by Viper....

barrydelau 06-24-2008 03:34 PM

This may be the wrong topic, my car is in I status and has been there since June 11. I called the 800 number and the lady told me do not expect it for a couple of more weeks?
Does this seem right or is it a signal there is another hold up with quality issues?

DiamDave 06-24-2008 04:34 PM

Seems about right. I would suggest looking at the post, Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? Lots of info.

Good luck,

Dave