Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   FAULTY ASSEMBLY ALERT!! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/faulty-assembly-alert-4979/)

Paladin06 10-10-2008 06:24 PM

FAULTY ASSEMBLY ALERT!!

OK Guys and Dolls,

I went to have my Zoomers high flow cats and X-pipe installed today, along with the sway bar upgrade. Three of the four 02 sensors were damn near impossible to remove. Once removed it was painfully obvious they never had any anti-seize compound applied during install. The threads were trash once they were removed. At $81 bucks x time that hurt.

So if your going to do the Zoomers high flow cat and X-pipe, which I highly recommend, bring along some money for sensors.

OK, Chrysler, I been speaking real highy of this car but you don't put something as simple as anti-seize on sensors what elese didn't you do?/

mopar2ya 10-10-2008 06:50 PM

RE: FAULTY ASSEMBLY ALERT!!

X-pipe change requires no touching of the O2 sensors. Changing cats however... :eek:

Paladin06 10-10-2008 07:05 PM

No need to change to x-pipe if you don't do high flow cats. The is no gain with just an x-pipe change.

mopar2ya 10-10-2008 07:15 PM

But if you install the Zoomers may as well go with the x-pipe for the zoomers... ;)

Paladin06 10-10-2008 07:27 PM

Yea, but why without the high flow cats?

lear4406 10-10-2008 07:57 PM

Cats... we don't need no stinking cats.:D

RoswellGrey 10-11-2008 02:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

OK, Chrysler, I been speaking real highy of this car but you don't put something as simple as anti-seize on sensors what elese didn't you do?/
I'm sure this is a problem confined to those early 08s. Maybe back at the turn of the century, they didn't have modern products like anti-seize preparation. You should trade that old buggy it in on a modern 09 while you can still get $600 or $700 for it. ;)

Paladin06 10-11-2008 04:41 AM

I would but I'd loose money.:D

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I'm sure this is a problem confined to those early 08s. Maybe back at the turn of the century, they didn't have modern products like anti-seize preparation. You should trade that old buggy it in on a modern 09 while you can still get $600 or $700 for it. ;)

RoswellGrey 10-11-2008 10:19 AM

Well, Paladin, at least soon you'll be able to get a brand-spanking-new GM Challenger. :D

fatcat 10-11-2008 04:04 PM

RoswellGrey, you should be ashamed [:'(] at a time like this with 30,000 comedians out of work here you are trying to make jokes ???? hardy har har har.....geeze what a corn ball LOL. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]