Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   A Good Laugh (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/good-laugh-4421/)

bulldog03ss 08-26-2008 07:57 PM

RE: A Good Laugh

these cars are gonna get cheaper and cheaper because of everyone gone have the cheaper version ones(it kills the value just like the 300,Magnum,Charger.Thats why cars like Lexus,Mercedes,etc. hold so much value.They Should have just made these cars in the SRT Versions

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-26-2008 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: bulldog03ss

these cars are gonna get cheaper and cheaper because of everyone gone have the cheaper version ones(it kills the value just like the 300,Magnum,Charger.Thats why cars like Lexus,Mercedes,etc. hold so much value.They Should have just made these cars in the SRT Versions
The best thing about that is I can get another one! [sm=gears.gif]

bulldog03ss 08-26-2008 08:50 PM

you must like losing money

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-26-2008 08:56 PM

you must like losing money
Are you gaining money?
I think that is foolish to let people know you are a jerk in 4 posts.

SKiDs33t 08-26-2008 09:18 PM

If making the Challenger in SE and RT trims keeps Dodge afloat, Im all for it. The last thing the economy needs is a major source of jobs like Chrysler to go out of buisness because a few people want the Challenger to be exclusive. If you want to have an exclusive car, go buy a Ferrari or Rolls Royce. The whole point of an American Muscle car is that average joe can buy one. If a few decades down the line, the car becomes a collectors item, fine, if not, so be it. Im not in it for the investment. Im in it for the Car!

Edit: Sorry, have to watch my language. Also removed some stray appostrophes. ;)

[sm=morning.gif]

brucer41 08-27-2008 04:47 AM

SKIDs I agree 100% with you here. I am buying this car for ME, not for investment. If I wanted an investment car I would go to Barrett Jackson and buy one, put it in a closet and only look at it for the rest of my life. This Challenger will get driven (abeit not daily), thrashed at the drop of a hat and just plain have fun with.

2007HemiCuda 08-27-2008 05:36 AM

The business case for the Challenger could never have been made. At one time the thought was R/T and SRT only at best but an SRT exclusively Challenger would have never been given the green light.

Cuda340 08-27-2008 01:49 PM

Here is another "limited" edition SRT on Autotrader. Note the "special" stripes. It has $1,887 miles on it and is selling for only $51K!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...5&cardist=1464

Paladin06 08-27-2008 02:43 PM

IT'S GOT AFTERMARKET STRIPES AND WHEELS.

Zoomin 08-27-2008 06:21 PM

Lexus and Mercedes depreciate like any other car. People in that price point have no problem coughing up the extra to get a new one, so you have to discount it pretty good to get any attention.
Second point is that Challengers would be a lot more expensive if the cheaper cars didn't help amortize costs over more units.