Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Have You ever Driven an SRT? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/have-you-ever-driven-srt-3421/)

Cuda340 06-05-2008 04:17 PM

Have You ever Driven an SRT?

I was just curious. All of you guys who have ordered SRTs, have you ever driven an SRT model (either a Charger, Magnum, 300M or Jeep Cherokee)? Or, did you order the car based on just road tests/reviews? [sm=gears.gif]

DiamDave 06-05-2008 04:22 PM

RE: Have You ever Driven an SRT?

I've driven a friends 300 SRT-8........the powerband and feel is fantastic!!! Can't wait til I feel it in my new Challenger!!!

Dave

bluestang50 06-05-2008 04:59 PM

Never, I am looking forward to it!

choodock 06-05-2008 05:01 PM

Never driven one, but will be in about 11 DAYS!!!

mopar2ya 06-05-2008 05:23 PM

Got the opportunity to test drive a Charger SRT8 and jumped at the chance. This was about a year ago and it really left me impressed with the performance and overall feel of the car. Was definately a fun ride with power, handling and ride to impress. Really looking forward to finally getting my Challenger... hopefully it will be on it's way soon... :D

jvmax 06-05-2008 05:43 PM

I test drove a srt-8 Cherokee, all-wheel drive, fastest SUV on the market. and for those who dont know, they made a srt-6 crossfire. I owned one for 3 months...

SF18C 06-05-2008 10:43 PM

The wife I did a test drive in SRT8 Magnum about a year ago in Texas...for a big ol wagon that thing could haul a$$.
Personally, I was not much a Charger fan, 4 doors and all, so our thought was if we had to get a 4door might as well be a wagon! We were looking at getting one of those until the Chally became a reality.

lear4406 06-06-2008 02:53 AM

No, but I have rode in 2. My son won't cough up the keys:D and he guards them and hides them when hes not driving it. But I'm homing in on the hiding place... its just a matter of time.;)

brucer41 06-06-2008 09:52 AM

I drove an 07 SRT8 Charger and was very impressed with the power and comfort. One of the reasons I didnt buy one of those was I couldnt get past the 4 doors! Of course with the beautiful Challenger coming out in two doors..Charger was not a thought.

Cuda340 06-06-2008 09:57 AM

I am looking forward to driving a "big-block" high performance car with tons of torque. My cars have always been high-winding small blocks (340 'Cuda and 4.6 modified Thunderbird).

mopar4me2 06-06-2008 10:09 AM

i just got back from my dealer and they let me take a srt charger for a spin. i told them i needed a fix. can't f'in wait dude my car is built its sittin in quality. its fantastic power so smooth its awesome

WILD Jeff 06-06-2008 11:14 AM

That's pretty cool they let you take out a charger.

Urlosingbd 06-06-2008 11:37 AM

Not cool for the buyer, or sucker, that buys the SRT8 after dealers and jerks have been taking fun rides.

Just saying.

ORIGINAL: WILD Jeff

That's pretty cool they let you take out a charger.

Overpowered 06-06-2008 04:52 PM

Driven my brother's Viper SRT10 all the way through 145 mph - what a blast but a car you need to watch continually - it loves to swap ends.

Have driven a SRT-8 300 that was fun but pushes a little too much for my taste.

Drove the SRT Cherokee and was very impressed considering it's high C.G.

I cant wait to drive my 2009 SRT8 Challenger with 6 speed - it can't happen soon enough.

Eric

04RAMSRT10 06-06-2008 05:29 PM

My Ram SRT10 has plenty of power, great brakes and handles well for a very large vehicle. You better be ready to go where you point it,those huge tires and stiff suspension make it really turn with no hesitation. I have had it up to 130mph and there was much speed left in the truck. It will walk side ways in first, second and third if you have the stones to stay with it. There are only two down sides to the truck, fuel consumption and the tires.

7schulz 06-09-2008 10:32 AM

I took out one of the blue srt8 rumble bees, I think I cut off a cop crossing 3 lanes of traffic to get to the dealer as I was driving when I was out of town on business. They are super bad, fast, very comfortable well pretty much perfect. I'm just waiting for the 6.4L I just want more power. I want spinning rubber at the flick of the pedal.

Giuspe 06-19-2008 01:58 PM

2 years ago, to be honest, I was attracted by the Mustang GT. I asked a dealer to test it and the external look + driving impression were really good. Only the interior appearance was not so fine: too poor plastic but the price was really interesting. But when I saw on internet the Chally … all changed. I asked the dealer to test an SRT8 car and he let me drive a Magnum: which impressions? Only excellent. Internal materials were good, not like Mercedes-BMW-Audi, but anyway more than satisfying to the touch and to the sight (I think more or less the same we will find on the Chally); the acceleration pushes the driver against the seat; the noise, pardon, the motor sound is fantastic. The automatic stick, which is the same I have upon my Mercedes, is very fast, even in manual mode (it had really been a great surprise for me): on my Mercedes is much more slower, due probably to a different software and, especially, to a smaller torque. But the very interesting point was the sensation I felt during the gear changes when highly accelerating: I succeeded in feeling the ignition turning off (even very quickly) and I heard like a return of fire in the exhausts: this was the one of the marvelous impression of a well engineered great power.

Joe