Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Help, how low is front spoiler? Will she fit in my garage? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/help-how-low-front-spoiler-will-she-fit-my-garage-4660/)

jhl1963 09-12-2008 06:23 PM

Help, how low is front spoiler? Will she fit in my garage?

Friends, contemplating an RT or SRT and my garage is a bit tight, wondering if anybody knows how high the front lip spoiler is on each (and ar they the same?) If its higher than a "ledge" at the edge of my garage this will give me the room I need to fit her. If not, unfortunately it wont work. thanks in advance!!!!

Zoomin 09-12-2008 07:17 PM

RE: Help, how low is front spoiler? Will she fit in my garage?

Get some 2X6's and build a ramp to drive up on. I had to do this to get a lowered Vette up high enough to get a jack under it. Just cut the top board about a foot shorter than the board under it, use as many as you need to get it to the height you need..

I just measured my SRT and the spoiler is just a bit over 7" off the ground.

topduarte 09-12-2008 07:20 PM

It also depends if you get RT with the 18" rims, therefore it will be a little lower.

stevelegel 09-12-2008 07:21 PM

I've been wondering who will be first to post that they bottomed out that spoiler. I'm extra careful of how it sticks out forward, like to hit a parking curb.
Steve

05flhtcse 09-12-2008 08:18 PM

My R/T clears the floor at eight and a half inches. It's got the 20 inch chrome wheels.

mopar2ya 09-12-2008 08:40 PM

I have a drain out in front of my garage that is lower than the garage floor by 3" - 4". I run a 2x6 along the top of the drain and the car clears fine. Will bottom out the spoiler if I dont have it in place. Works perfectly for me.

Colorancher 09-12-2008 09:14 PM

The clearance is really pretty good for the Challenger. I have a PT cruiser (yeah, yeah, no jokes) and the clearance is much worse as far as clearing speed bumps and curbs. I have not even come close to bumping curbs ( and I am not really careful) with the Challenger.

rickerda 09-13-2008 12:31 AM

Another option is to back in.

jhl1963 09-13-2008 06:50 AM

Thanks fellas - looks like it will just fit with the 20s and perhaps a spacer, as suggested. thanks!

Dodge Favre ever 09-13-2008 07:50 AM

Cut the ends of the 2x6's about a foot on a 45 degree angle for an incline.