Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   I changed my mind...I want the dealers to rip people off.. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/i-changed-my-mind-i-want-dealers-rip-people-off-112/)

RLSH700 02-28-2006 06:21 PM

RE: I changed my mind...I want the dealers to rip people off..

The thing I have problems with believing about the "New GTO theory" is the fact that GM has no problem selling the Corvette for more money while costing over $10,000 more than the GTO while being marginally faster than the GTO. I think it is the styling. I honestly thing the GTO is a nice car and I would rather have the GTO over a Corvette. The styling of the outside of the GTO to me is an outdated design, but not bad looking either, better than the Corvette if you ask me. The interior of the GTO is nicer than the Corvette. I think it is a better deal than the Corvette, but I think the problem was that the design has been used for too long in the Pontiac division.

I think the Challenger will sell no matter how many are made. I just think it would be a mistake not to mass produce it because they could make more money in the long run.

B00SS 03-08-2006 04:16 PM

Dark Age 53, hey long time my friend. I remember you from the old SLP board. Hope all is well with you and yours! Dark Age is not a brand loyalist. But whatever he buys, rest assured, he will learn about it and share his knowledge.

RLSH700 03-08-2006 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: B00SS

Dark Age 53, hey long time my friend. I remember you from the old SLP board. Hope all is well with you and yours! Dark Age is not a brand loyalist. But whatever he buys, rest assured, he will learn about it and share his knowledge.
Refresh my memory. SLP is associated with Pontiac. Is it associated with the Firebire or the Grand Prix?

DARK AGE 53 03-09-2006 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: B00SS

Hey B00SS, thanks for the compilment. I had a great time while the SLP forum was going, I like to think I was of some help to a few members there.

Time will tell which car is in my future, the Challenger is in the running but I wouldn't count out the new Camaro ( if it's built ), Mustang GT or even a Cobalt SS/SC.

B00SS 03-09-2006 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Refresh my memory. SLP is associated with Pontiac. Is it associated with the Firebire or the Grand Prix?
SLP caters to performance. Be it Camaro/Firebird (when Dark Age and I met) and now Mustang, Corvette, GTO, GM Truck, Impala and probably others. They at one time had a message board where a lot of good info was exchanged.