Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   I may have a gremlin in my car. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/i-may-have-gremlin-my-car-5176/)

rtsoliday 10-30-2008 09:33 AM

I may have a gremlin in my car.

Okay, I have two issues with my SRT.

First, I have had to clear out the garage door buttons because after I first set them the garage door would go up and down on its own. In the morning I would never know if the garage would be up or down. Since clearing the code from the car the garage door is back to normal.

Second, I have twice had the trunk open up while I was in drive. I think I may have triggered the key fob button accidentally but why would the car even allow the key fob trunk button to work while you are in drive?

sv1kSteve 10-30-2008 12:28 PM

RE: I may have a gremlin in my car.

I am not sure I understand. Do you think your garage door is interfearing with the car or the car is intefearing with the garage door opener? What brand of garage door opener do you have? I ask becasue a number of the sears craftsman door openers have mother board problems and the door opening and closing on its own is a sympton.

choodock 10-30-2008 12:32 PM

I can only pop my trunk in park.

kevin2323 10-30-2008 05:07 PM

dude I told you to throw away that left over chicken before midnight....

BLK 6050 10-31-2008 07:09 AM

There was a recall notice regarding the Key Fob awhile back...you may want to check with your dealer, although I can see how it could be causing this issue. (My trunk will not open, using the dash button, unless the vehicle is in park).....

mopar2ya 10-31-2008 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050
My trunk will not open, using the dash button, unless the vehicle is in park.....
How do you deploy the parachutes then Joe..?? :eek:

BLK 6050 10-31-2008 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050
My trunk will not open, using the dash button, unless the vehicle is in park.....
How do you deploy the parachutes then Joe..?? :eek:
Have to activate the auto pilot, then drop the rear seats, then crawl into the trunk and finally I pull the big yellow handle………as you can see I need to plan my stops…....well in advance!!

rtsoliday 10-31-2008 10:46 AM

Well I think I overreacted. The garage door is still activating by itself so it must be something other than the car since I cleared the code. Also I probably accidentally popped the trunk prior to putting the car in drive and didn't notice until later.

RUBBERBNDMAN 10-31-2008 04:59 PM

Is something on garage door blocking electric eye when it gets down almost shut?

sv1kSteve 11-07-2008 10:32 AM

That's not a Sears Craftsman garage door opener is it? A certain model of the Sears Craftsman door opener has had a large number of mother board failures. One sympton is that the door opens and closes itself.