Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   If GM had half a brain they would... (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/if-gm-had-half-brain-they-would-326/)

bored out 06-23-2006 01:39 PM

If GM had half a brain they would...

If GM had half a brain they would bring back the Chevelle instead of the Camaro. Camaro just died but the Chevelle name would be easy to market. Build it on the malibu or impala platform. Make it big and retro. Give it 60-70's flare and slap a SS badge on the top of the line model and put a 454 inside of it. A real GTO could follow, not that australian nightmare we see today but a real retro gto.

The names would sell themselves. What are we waiting for???

How many past greats has GM brought back and butchered the car and the legendary name that it had...

Impala
Camaro
Malibu
Gto
Firebird
Grand Prix
Olds Cutlass
Grand Sport

1 Bad Mirada 06-23-2006 01:57 PM

RE: If GM had half a brain they would...

if GM had half a brain they wouldnt have stopped making the camaro in the first place.
then again, if GM had half a brain, they wouldnt be near bankruptcy!

RLSH700 06-23-2006 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

if GM had half a brain they wouldnt have stopped making the camaro in the first place.
then again, if GM had half a brain, they wouldnt be near bankruptcy!
Agreed. Also bored out, why do you want them to use the Impala or Malibu platform. FWD and a 454, no thanks. Besides they already have a V8 FWD coupe on the Impala (W-Body) platform called the Monte Carlo.

The current GTO platform would be worlds better than the anciet W-Body. Frankly, I disagree with your idea about the Chevelle. Large coupes don't sell like they used to. There best bet is the Camaro.

awsure 06-23-2006 07:17 PM

I would not be surprised if the Camaro concept will differ from the one they acutally produce in a couple years. I am betting they look hard at the sales numbers the Challenger brings and think about a more retro design. Not that I am a fan of the Charger but the concept DCX had come out to the shows with looks nothing like the car on the road (didn't care for the concept either really). We'll see...

RLSH700 06-23-2006 07:44 PM

I'll admit the 99 Charger concept looked like a Intrepid that hit puberty, but I thought it looked pretty good. I hope for GM's sake that they change the styling of the "Camaro." It is uuugggglllllllyyyyyy!

GENX_HEMI9 07-03-2006 10:56 AM

I think the new camaro will do great when it comes out. when they bring back the gto on the camaro platform they will make a name for themselves again. I would love to see a new chevelle SS!!!