Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Interiors (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/interiors-1162/)

joeyr 03-13-2007 11:44 PM

RE: Interiors

You think that is because of the massive black in the car? Black and grey/silver does seem to cover more IMO on plastics

RLSH700 03-14-2007 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: joeyr

You think that is because of the massive black in the car? Black and grey/silver does seem to cover more IMO on plastics
Okay, could you clarify what you are saying because I'm confused?

Are you saying the color of the plastics makes the interior look better, or the silver materials that is similar to metal looks better than plastic, or something different?

joeyr 03-14-2007 10:04 PM

Sorry, man. I was saying that do you think that black and silver are better colors for plastic. Becasue of the darkness it may not look as cheap. So my answer is sorts of the second one. My sister has a 01 silver bug, the silver plastics arent too bad with the black ones (although on the doors their is a good amount of painted metal as well.)

RLSH700 03-14-2007 11:11 PM

To be honest, I'm not really sure. I actually think that a specific tanish-cream color is about the best at disguising it is plastic. The best way is to avoid having a solid color. Having more than one color contrast makes it look good. Part of the issue sometimes is they make it too grainy. If they would add an accent to it instead, it doesn't seem as cheap sometimes. Silver does help some if it has the right colors to contrast against. I think a darker color looks good but not necessarily black unless it is being used to contrast a different more cheerful color like a deeper cream if you know what I mean. Black can be dreary and that is the last thing you want. Heavy colors also give away that it is infact plastic.

wirewilly 07-11-2007 06:12 PM

I,like many of you, want to see a white interior. I am so sick of black and shale or taupe, or beige or tan. What ever they call it. White would go with: red,orange,black,plum crazy,yellow,blue,copper, and on and on.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-11-2007 06:32 PM

I am too disgusting of a person to have a white interior. All of my dirt would show.

RLSH700 07-11-2007 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I am too disgusting of a person to have a white interior. All of my dirt would show.
LOL! I too am not clean enough for white. White is hard to keep clean, but some cream colors work nicely.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-11-2007 08:31 PM

I was hoping to make somebody laugh. Actually, by nature I am a clean person but I am not a fan of white
since I detail my own cars.......it is just too much work on white.