Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Lambo 1 Rudy 0 (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/lambo-1-rudy-0-a-5905/)

Rudy61SRT8 01-26-2009 08:12 AM

Lambo 1 Rudy 0

It was a nice weekend and in Palm Beach they had a car show downtown and the entire west palm beach was flooded with lambos , porches , ferraris , and tons of exotic cars (ALSO AN ORANGE CHALLENGER LIKE MINE) , I wasn't part of the show at all but I seemed to get more attention then almost everything ~! Tons of people taking pictures , pointing , and grinning at me and I was just going to my friends house !!!

Bottom line later on in the day I picked up my girlfriend to head back to Miami and a yellow lambo pulls right on the side of me I give him a thumbs up , and the douchebag fails to acknowledge me so I said "F" it , I wanna see that lambo scream so I punch it and for 3 seconds I felt like the man until I guess this guy hit the gas and totally embarassed me infront of my girlfriend!!!

Bottom Line : The Challenger gets just as much attention as a Ferrari and I am proof of that !

PS : HEMI's cant mess with v-12 murcilagos but hey it was fun watching this guy punch it !~!!

Rudy61SRT8 01-26-2009 08:14 AM

RE: Lambo 1 Rudy 0

And the only thing I have to say to any Lambo owner who wants to be disrespectful and give no thumbs up .....

What were you pushing at 20?

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH [sm=gears.gif][sm=rant.gif]

captainsteve57 01-26-2009 08:16 AM

Sounds like you had a good day!

BLK 6050 01-26-2009 10:05 AM

And, HOW much did he pay, in order to beat an old Dodge?? If he has to race lonely V-8s with his V-12 in order to feel like a big man...he wasted his money on the Lambo....:D
(You didn't lose...you can't really lose to a loser);)

novawagonmaster 01-26-2009 11:08 AM

No exotics to worry about in my neck of the woods.
A couple Vettes and Vipers rule the roost around here.

kevin2323 01-26-2009 11:25 AM

wait till he runs into a stroked challenger with a SC hehe

Rudy61SRT8 01-26-2009 02:03 PM

challenger with sc will still get burnt.

canadiancanuck 01-26-2009 02:17 PM

we have a local shop here in Calgary that deals with exotics, and I was lucky enough to join them last fall for their cruise to BC, (because a friend of mine worked there) anyways I out cornered a Murciulago at 190kms/hr in the rain. Ryan is a young guy who owns the car, and did get me in the straights, however had to brake well in advance for the corner, as where I never stayed off the gas.....

funny thing was a $16,000 Mitsubishi ES (Base Model - ghost car/police notification vehicle) outdrove a Lambo ,and it was all caught on the video they sell for promotion.

My best meet was downtown Calgary, I parked near a couple of vettes and a Lotus, and I overheard 3 older guys stating they'd take my car over any of the "fibreglass POS's anyday" hahaha

Challenger One 01-26-2009 02:36 PM

For the price per horse power the Lambo better win the cost of the smile on your face and others bargin price:)

kevin2323 01-26-2009 03:36 PM

STROKED CHALLENGER RUDY STROKED! look it up...

426 stroked +blower

Thor77 01-27-2009 10:41 AM

I for one and happy to see that the lambo guy did eventually punch it. Some guys with exotics drive like they're in a Prius all the time. I understand that you have to pick and choose your battles when you're in a car that gets that much attention, but if you never actually open that exotic up, who's to say you're not rolling in a Fiero with a crazy body kit?;) Challenger definitely gets exotic level of attention, even if it won't beat the 200K supercar in a race.

But....
Car and Driver just tested a Hennessey Challenger with stock displacement and turbocharging.
0-60 3.9
0-100 8.4
0-150 19.0
1/4 12.2 @120

The engine mods package was 30K. Then you might be able to surprise the lambo a bit, especially at the top end. 0-60 his AWD will probably give him the edge. Up top the boostmonster will take over:)

Some have complained about Hennessey in the past. I've never dealt with him personally. So do not consider this an advertisement or anything. Just having fun bench racing with the potential that the Challenger has.