Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   made a bet with the GM of the dealership (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/made-bet-gm-dealership-4769/)

trev 09-22-2008 01:53 PM

made a bet with the GM of the dealership

where I bought my car at...

i had made a bet with him.

background story...
see the process of me getting my car kinda put me and the GM on a more "personal level" (where we cussed at each other in anger, and he called me names haha).
I ended up having to show him "what was up" with every hustle he pulled on me.

anyways since we are both good sports and business men no hard feelings but there was another car on his show room the exact same one as mine sticker price $81k

haha, I told him he'd never get it,

he then told me he guaranteed he'd get it because he's in the "silicon valley area" (whatever the hell he thinks that means)

I told him I hoped he'd get it and that I'd buy him a beer, but that I bet him a free oil change he won't sell before I get my first oil change.

SO I called him up, it's been a week since my oil change. you know give him some extra time cause I'm a nice guy.

anyways, he hasn't sold the car yet, and he brought down the sticker to $61k

so I decided to go double or nothing on him. I bet him he can't get even 1k over MSRP on it before my next oil change, or else I get two free oil changes.
If not I'll buy him a 6 pack.

what do you guys think?

sv1kSteve 09-22-2008 01:59 PM

RE: made a bet with the GM of the dealership

I guess if one of the dot com kids came in it might happen but most of us had rather not throw away $20k. That car can be had for MSRP if you look around.
I think your are gonna win the bet.

trev 09-22-2008 02:05 PM

i am a .com kid haha

davidstan 09-22-2008 03:57 PM

Your bet is safe. Fun messin w/ the dealers aint it?:D

Zoomin 09-22-2008 05:05 PM

I think he'd stand a fair chance of getting 2 over. I wonder what kinds of offers he already turned down?

trev 09-25-2008 09:24 AM

the guy really isn't that business savvy... I mean let's put it together here, I'm 21 and he's in his mid-40s selling me the car.

shouldn't it be the other way around??

I tried giving him some advice, but he seems to thinks he knows how to do business haha.

was telling him, you know if you're such a good salesmen then how did I manage to come in here and get this car for so cheep with no haggling?

dodgebrothers 09-25-2008 12:58 PM

I'd say your safe, even if you're not even logging alot of miles :D

Rudy61SRT8 09-25-2008 01:57 PM

Trev I don't know where your from , but Challengers are going on ebay for 2-3k over sticker every day...

In many popular cities the car is still going for 50k sometimes even more ...

Houston Texas has the highest markups I believe ... 20k adjusted market value !!!