Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Name plate placement (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/name-plate-placement-7385/)

moparmike63 03-08-2010 12:56 PM

Name plate placement

Hi everyone I am new here, I just received my new 2010 white Dodge Challenger SE and I want to put on those old style Challenger name plates on the fenders, is there a trick to getting them on straight? Where are they supposed to be placed, how do I know exactly where to place them? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!;)

PRND3L 03-08-2010 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by moparmike63 (Post 74581)
Hi everyone I am new here, I just received my new 2010 white Dodge Challenger SE and I want to put on those old style Challenger name plates on the fenders, is there a trick to getting them on straight? Where are they supposed to be placed, how do I know exactly where to place them? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!;)

I have them on my 2010, ill take some measurements tommorrow and pics.

BLK 6050 03-09-2010 05:19 AM

There is no “correct” location as the new Challenger originally never came with them…until the “Classic” was offered by Dodge. I mounted mine behind the wheel a few inches below the body seam. I used this location because I needed to breakup some of the black and felt this looked the best.
The main piece of advice I would give you, is to be very careful when you are getting ready to apply the emblem to the fender as the tape will actually pull the emblem towards the fender as you get close. So make sure you are straight, as there is no second chance once it’s on! Using a grease pencil and or tape is your best bet for applying the emblem straight. Just take your time…..

wp23n 03-09-2010 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by BLK 6050 (Post 74595)
The main piece of advice I would give you, is to be very careful when you are getting ready to apply the emblem to the fender as the tape will actually pull the emblem towards the fender as you get close. So make sure you are straight, as there is no second chance once it’s on! Using a grease pencil and or tape is your best bet for applying the emblem straight. Just take your time…..

when i stuck my home made six-pack emblems on my hood
i measured, marked with a crayola crayon, then i cut a strip of
that stick on insulation for screen doors and stuck that to the car
so i would have a base to set them emblems on, sort of like a shelf.

hit it on an angle and then went straight to the car, i then pealed off the insulation, with the wax on the car they came right back off and both sides came out perfect

RoswellGrey 03-09-2010 01:39 PM

The only "correct" placement for script badges on the fender is: Above the bend, it's 1970-style. Below the bend (where the 2010 "classic" package places it) is 1971-style. I say put it above the bend since the grille is patterned after the '70 grille, not the '71. Also, you can easily remove the modern Challenger badge from its position on the wrong side of the grille and install a press-on script badge on in its correct site on the driver's side of the grille.

RoswellGrey 03-09-2010 01:50 PM

'09 with script badges in 1970 positions

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry about the shadows on the car.