Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   New Challenger versus New Camaro (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/new-challenger-versus-new-camaro-1267/)

chill21genlee 04-23-2007 02:24 PM

New Challenger versus New Camaro

Hi All-
Just wanted to get everyone's 2 cents about the looks of the new Challenger vs. the new Camaro. Being that this is a Challenger site I am guessing I know what most people will say.
The reason I bring it up is that after seeing the Camaro concept and now that the "Retro" Mustang has been out for a bit, I really feel that of the 3 the Challenger FAR AND AWAY captures the essence of the late 60's, early 70's era muscle the best.

It's not even a knocn on the other cars, I just think that the Challenger visually represents the era much, much more faithfully.

Your thoughts?

RLSH700 04-23-2007 02:30 PM

RE: New Challenger versus New Camaro

I would agree. I think the Challenger is the only one that actually looks like it could have been built during that era. The Mustang is close but no cigar. It just doesn't seem convincing. I was disappointed with this model of the Mustang's styling. I liked the 94-98 model's styling over this one's. I don't know where the heck they got the inspiration for the Camaro. It does not look even remotely close to the classic Camaros if you ask me.

wallstreetman 04-23-2007 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

I would agree. I think the Challenger is the only one that actually looks like it could have been built during that era. The Mustang is close but no cigar. It just doesn't seem convincing. I was disappointed with this model of the Mustang's styling. I liked the 94-98 model's styling over this one's. I don't know where the heck they got the inspiration for the Camaro. It does not look even remotely close to the classic Camaros if you ask me.

Yes, GM sure screwed this one up, as usual!

McDonald 04-23-2007 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Yes, GM sure screwed this one up, as usual!

I agree it seems GM didnt spend much time or put much thought into the Camaro, because they had a clean slate to start with the car could have made up for the last model but they come out with this? Come on. Now the Mustang is kind of somthing i grew into liking. I liked it right at first, then disliked it for the longest time and now i think they are pretty good looking.. I rank Mustang number 3 on my new car want list, 1. Challenger R/T Green Go Green 2. Charger SRT-8 Super Bee Petty Blue 3. Mustang GT Black

zman 04-23-2007 06:05 PM

Without a doubt the Chally is definately the more classic looking rod of the bunch, I literally can't keep it out of my mind. But I will say this, I seen the concept Comaro convertable in Detroit at the auto show, and it was pretty sweet lookin. I havent seen the coupe but I dont think it holds a candle to the orange & black convertable. Forget about the Camaros of the late 70's, 80's and 90's as far as I'm concerned, that was garbage. GM 's got it right now, well atleast with the convertable anyways. Besides I think that the drab colour of straight grey didn't do the coupe any justice either, GM could of spruced it up a bit, maybe like white with orange stripes atleast for it's debut. As far as the Mustang go's the only one that appeals to me is the new Shelby KR, wich is an awesome lookin Stang but awful pricy too. My 2 cents anyway. Cheers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/704/C04ECBD0263C498CBBA6469CF0D6527A.jpg[/IMG]

Rob 04-23-2007 06:42 PM

The front of the Camaro looks like a big giraffe chewing on a big peace of dog poo.

...clarity upon request.

Jeremiah 29:11 04-23-2007 09:23 PM

Well yes, the Camaro looks like some of the new Cadillacs which looks like some of the stealth fighters with the acute angles in the body.

Looks at the front of these two.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/0FE1AB09E0C04F56A4B3846F9E00295F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/CF4F2A9186464A54A963C9C49B61DD7E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/DA90B62A0A134E819F98E551546EBB8C.jpg[/IMG]

Rob 04-23-2007 09:28 PM

Photos have a tendency to make things look good. Admittedly, I say that picture of the orange Camaro looks quite nice, however, after seeing it in person I stick to my animal analogy.

Rob

Jeremiah 29:11 04-23-2007 09:40 PM

Well my point was there it does not capture the muscle car era like the Challenger.

The Camaro should have another name like since it looks more futuristic than retro like the original poster chill21genlee was saying.

Rob 04-23-2007 10:40 PM

Oh...haha...lol

Guess I kinda got off topic. Damn Camaro brings out the worst in people.

Anyhoo, yes, I see your comparison...maybe a bit more acurate than my giraffe comparison...haha.

Rob