Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Observations from the famous RudySRT. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/observations-famous-rudysrt-5584/)

Rudy61SRT8 12-16-2008 04:54 AM

Observations from the famous RudySRT.

Well now i've seen every Challenger there is to see up close and in person.

Went with my buddy to the dealer where I got mine , went into the showroom and saw one silver 08 left .... so my friend says "Hey rudy look over there" , and I turn and see a parking lot full of Challengers probloby over 25.

SRT8 09 = 10k over Sticker
R/T = 10k over sticker
SE - 6k over sticker

ON EVERY SINGLE ONE. They didn't even have the RED 09 SRT in the SHOWROOM , there is just a lot full of them.

here are some observations.

- not a fan of hood to fender stripes.
- the red is too close to the orange , infact it can easiley be mistaken.
- dealers have no brains and apparently don't watch the news
- the r/t is beautiful
- they should have had the sublime green instead of red orange and red are too close to each other !!!

BLK 6050 12-16-2008 05:01 AM

RE: Observations from the famous RudySRT.

Unbelievable, with the entire automotive manufacturing world close to falling apart and they STILL markup the prices………Unforunately I guess they need to learn the hard way………

09ChallengerRT 12-16-2008 05:11 AM

Towbin Dodge the "Chopper"here in Vegas is advertising a Challenger SE for $16,999 and it looks like it has 22's on it. here is a link to the ad.

Towbin Dodge Ad

Was suprised to see one that low already from them.

epegasus 12-16-2008 06:07 AM

Definitely not 22"s. Nice price if it hasn't already sold. <wink><wink><nudge><nudge& gt;

ORIGINAL: 09ChallengerRT

Towbin Dodge the "Chopper"here in Vegas is advertising a Challenger SE for $16,999 and it looks like it has 22's on it. here is a link to the ad.

Towbin Dodge Ad

Was suprised to see one that low already from them.

sv1kSteve 12-16-2008 07:17 AM

That guy looks like someone working three card monty on the streets of NY. I dunno if I could buy a car from him or not. Some of these car dealers seem to think that buying a car has to be a carnival type experience. You know 'hurry hurry step right up here folks and see 0 Pct apr on all models!'. I guess it works for them but makes me feel kinda ill.

RoswellGrey 12-16-2008 12:53 PM

They had that same guy on really cheesy car commercials for a dealer in San Antonio for a while (not Dodges). Apparently, he actually is a dealer someplace but he's so successful at selling cars that he rents himself out to other places to do commercials and ads for them.

brentmannrt09 12-16-2008 01:45 PM

Who cars what the schtich (sp) is- thats a good deal!

Justinec101 12-16-2008 06:53 PM

"Towbin Dodge the "Chopper"here in Vegas is advertising a Challenger SE for $16,999 and it looks like it has 22's on it. here is a link to the ad."

I would not buy a car from that guy.

kramtrah 12-16-2008 07:45 PM

His dealership is so successful at selling cars they actually have had a reallity tv show with his dealership. I don't recall which channel, but he drives his guys hard. I certainly don't know what their service is like, but he looked fun.(albeit, editing can do wonders and skew any view)

AF Pilot 12-16-2008 08:13 PM

got my R/T 6spd with leather and sunroof for 2K under sticker. They seemed well aware of the auto crisis and gave me the price and very low financing that I wanted...none of theirs had markups

Rudy61SRT8 12-17-2008 02:53 AM

i know some srt's and r/ts are going for invoice or better but I guess it's just the area but the main shock for me was seeing 25 on the lot.

i've seen 5 in the last year on the streets and most were on South Beach blasting there music at 3am on the strip like me.

Yankee 12-17-2008 03:00 AM

ORIGINAL: AF Pilot

got my R/T 6spd with leather and sunroof for 2K under sticker. They seemed well aware of the auto crisis and gave me the price and very low financing that I wanted...none of theirs had markups
Some dealers ARE willing to deal - you may have to travel a bit to find one, but they're out there. I had to go 4 hours to Ft Worth but it was well worth the trip.

IMHO there's NO excuse for paying MSRP anymore, let alone a markup - if saps are STILL paying markups, they deserve all the scorn they can get. [:'(]

RoswellGrey 12-17-2008 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Yankee

... if saps are STILL paying markups, they deserve all the scorn they can get. [:'(]

Of course, some wise individuals (who will remain nameless out of modesty) have said this from Day One about people who pay markups for any car, let alone the Challenger. ;)

Rudy61SRT8 12-17-2008 11:02 AM

In South Florida you can't get an SRT8 without a markup so I guess Roswell south florida people aren't in Challengers , I think Kevin can back this up ...

kevin2323 12-17-2008 11:05 AM

this is miami ..markup city

kevin2323 12-17-2008 11:07 AM

but yea not many challengers out here at all....barely see them ....only an orange srt8 lol which is likely rudy riding around town, and a red one and a black se

epegasus 12-17-2008 11:23 AM

Dude, I drove from Atlanta to Orlando to buy a motorcycle for $4k less than what the local dealers were selling for. If you come to Atlanta you can get your Challenger for under MSRP.

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

RoswellGrey 12-17-2008 12:16 PM

Yeah. Sometimes, you gotta travel to get a good deal. Yesterday, you could have gone to Denver and got an SE for $16,999. If I'd have had the day off, I probably woulda done it.

AF Pilot 12-17-2008 04:08 PM

epegasus, what dealer did you get yours from? I got mine from Landmark Dodge just south of ATL

Yankee 12-17-2008 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey
[Of course, some wise individuals (who will remain nameless out of modesty) have said this from Day One about people who pay markups for any car, let alone the Challenger. ;)
Yup, I'm one of those individuals too. I've never (ever) wanted a car bad enough to pay a markup (or even MSRP). Never been one of those who HAS to be the first-on-the-block to have the latest and greatest.

I still remember people actually paying markups for Mazda Miatas (and PT Cruisers, of all cars) when they first came out... just shows there really is a sucker born every minute.

Paladin06 12-17-2008 04:52 PM

And R/T's and SE's are made for the less fortunate while the 2008 SRT8 is for......................:D Well it is a Limited Edition automobile.

Sorry, you left your right flank wide open and I had to ATTACK.

Colorancher 12-17-2008 05:05 PM

Challenger prices are all about the local market. I live in Denver and ended up going to Michigan to get my '08 SRT. They are still getting a premium on all Challengers here. I say more power to them. Get it if you can. We have not been hit as bad as the rest of the country with the recession so if they can get the extra price, fine. I know how to shop....

RoswellGrey 12-17-2008 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

And R/T's and SE's are made for the less fortunate while the 2008 SRT8 is for......................
Oh, Paladin, you don't KNOW how tempting it is to put in "a ....... and his money!" :D

kevin2323 12-17-2008 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

And R/T's and SE's are made for the less fortunate while the 2008 SRT8 is for......................
Oh, Paladin, you don't KNOW how tempting it is to put in "a ....... and his money!" :D

+1 on that one lol...some people still buy that limited gimmick....;)

sorry couldnt resist.....

kevin2323 12-17-2008 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

Dude, I drove from Atlanta to Orlando to buy a motorcycle for $4k less than what the local dealers were selling for. If you come to Atlanta you can get your Challenger for under MSRP.

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

yea i know a dealer up their selling for invoice.....was just stating what is going on down here.

Zoomin 12-18-2008 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorancher

Challenger prices are all about the local market. I live in Denver and ended up going to Michigan to get my '08 SRT. They are still getting a premium on all Challengers here. I say more power to them. Get it if you can. We have not been hit as bad as the rest of the country with the recession so if they can get the extra price, fine. I know how to shop....
I live in Oklahoma where our economy is humming along pretty well thanks to the energy market. I went to Michigan as well and saved a boatload of money. I've bought several cars sight unseen out of state.

Rudy61SRT8 12-18-2008 04:35 PM

I figure forget the trip deal local ... and if people are willing to pay over MSRP there is nothing wrong with that.

If I couldn't get my Challenger then I couldn't have it now because it's still 10k over so I am considering my 9k + 2007 Fusion trade in , which in total came to around MSRP , a pretty good deal the fusion had 50k miles on it.

kevin2323 12-18-2008 07:15 PM

nice